• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I brought it up is a guy in have a long posting history with made a thread yesterday and right away just showed his hypocrisy to such an absurd level to me. I refrained from bringing it up because I know he isnt changing his mind. He despises this mask order and rants about "freedom of choice".

He is a religious right trump was sent by god types. Freedom of choice only applies to him.

If I wanted the choice to smoke MJ he would say no, to have a doctor help me end my life in the face of devastating diagnoses, no way, abortion.......forget about it, someones choice to marry same.sex.....cant have that.

When I see so much hypocrisy......and the left is just as guilty then I cant for the life me see a way for us to unite.

Hypocrisy on those levels breeds division i guess is how I view it.
I’m a big believer in states rights and one of those big issues is and was same sex marriage and abortion. I believe it should have been left up to the states and the people of those states to decide if it should be allowed not to a Supreme Court justice. It seems like now that is beginning to lean into guns. If certain states want to ban assault rifles so be it but the federal government shouldn’t be able to enforce it on a majority of a state that doesn’t want it.

Good read. After giving it some thought I'm stuck on the differences between "teaching" of our past versus monuments and statues meant to honor those men. I think that's a pretty significant determination to make. Can we still teach without the honoring of them?
I believe having a statue of Nathan Bedford Forest and a statue in a small southern town that honors confederate soldiers that died are two totally different things.

So saying slavery is bad makes us weak? Agreeing that all men were created equal and allowing sa.e sex marriage makes us weak? I'm not following what makes us weak?

What makes us weak is our division. A house divided can not stand. That's what makes us weak.
No one is saying slavery isnt despicable, that all men and their souls mean more or less to God than mine or yours. No one cares if an individual chooses to be homosexual,transsexual and live that lifestyle. Its their decesion.
What people care about is being told by the left God doesnt belong in our schools,courthouse on our money anymore and that we better fully support the same schools, public and private entities promoting the LGBT lifestyle, agenda. That the only Black lives that matter are the ones who are victims of police racisim. Racisim,police brutality are wrong all day long. But where are you lefties,the MSM at when Black lives are the victim of Black on Black crime, just this weekend 3 kids in 3 seperate incidents where killed by drive by shootings. Not a peep. The 4 Mineapolis cops should be charged with 1st degree murder. But the overwhelming majority of cops who keep law and order in our country deserve better than the total spit in the face they receive from the Democrats, left.
The lefts solution, defund police, have less law and order. Raise taxes and let the federal govt be the daddy, caretaker.
Sorry friend but the Democrat soloutions are a dead end for this country and its time to stand up to this continous negative false Indoctrination that is peddaled on a daily basis by academia and the main stream media.

I’m a big believer in states rights and one of those big issues is and was same sex marriage and abortion. I believe it should have been left up to the states and the people of those states to decide if it should be allowed not to a Supreme Court justice. It seems like now that is beginning to lean into guns. If certain states want to ban assault rifles so be it but the federal government shouldn’t be able to enforce it on a majority of a state that doesn’t want it.

State's right's is ok but are you seriously suggesting if a state voted to make it illegal to be gay then oh well all the gays need to leave the state? Some things are protected at the federal level because the US constitution applies to EVERYONE in the country regardless of what state you live in or the laws that state has, its like that to protect us from the highlighted part above.

No one is saying slavery isnt despicable, that all men and their souls mean more or less to God than mine or yours. No one cares if an individual chooses to be homosexual,transsexual and live that lifestyle. Its their decesion.
What people care about is being told by the left God doesnt belong in our schools,courthouse on our money anymore and that we better fully support the same schools, public and private entities promoting the LGBT lifestyle, agenda. That the only Black lives that matter are the ones who are victims of police racisim. Racisim,police brutality are wrong all day long. But where are you lefties,the MSM at when Black lives are the victim of Black on Black crime, just this weekend 3 kids in 3 seperate incidents where killed by drive by shootings. Not a peep. The 4 Mineapolis cops should be charged with 1st degree murder. But the overwhelming majority of cops who keep law and order in our country deserve better than the total spit in the face they receive from the Democrats, left.
The lefts solution, defund police, have less law and order. Raise taxes and let the federal govt be the daddy, caretaker.
Sorry friend but the Democrat soloutions are a dead end for this country and its time to stand up to this continous negative false Indoctrination that is peddaled on a daily basis by academia and the main stream media.

1. I agree with much of what you say about supporting the police as an institution/law and order/many Dems being on the wrong side of this.
2. I thought LGBT folks are born that way in most cases/their brains wired differently/they have no choice in most cases, etc. Why do you say these are choices made? I realize they can remain celibate out of choice, but whether or not to have LGBT desires is also ALWAYS a choice? Are you sure? You don't know any male who, say, was effeminate from childhood and you later found out he was gay and weren't surprised? (I realize many men who are gay aren't effeminate..I was just using that as an example.)

1. I agree with much of what you say about supporting the police as an institution/law and order/many Dems being on the wrong side of this.
2. I thought LGBT folks are born that way in most cases/their brains wired differently/they have no choice in most cases, etc. Why do you say these are choices made? I realize they can remain celibate out of choice, but whether or not to have LGBT desires is also ALWAYS a choice? Are you sure? You don't know any male who, say, was effeminate from childhood and you later found out he was gay and weren't surprised? (I realize many men who are gay aren't effeminate..I was just using that as an example.)
Ive seen opposite of #2. Not getting into that. Wasnt my point. Its an individuals choice/lifestyle. Their business,not mine. Just like its my business if I run a bakery and choose not to bake a cake for a same sex marriage.

State's right's is ok but are you seriously suggesting if a state voted to make it illegal to be gay then oh well all the gays need to leave the state? Some things are protected at the federal level because the US constitution applies to EVERYONE in the country regardless of what state you live in or the laws that state has, its like that to protect us from the highlighted part above.
No definitely not just using same sex marriage as an example of one of the battles between a state and the Supreme Court. Those states who had it illegal believed that the Supreme Court was overstepping it bounds when it ruled against them. Their is one thing I believe we all have to admit is that the Supreme Court is to involved within the federal government it seems like nowadays any law ends up at the Supreme Court no matter if it should or not.

I remember saying a while ago in here that someone that my grandma helped out for some time had a mental breakdown at her wedding that later caused her to have a significant case of an antisocial disorder. It was my family that lives up in NW GA that helped her the most with breaking through that to my eyes, and we learned that she was gay not long after.

That's about all of the story that I know but the mental breakdown and social disorder after getting married definitely would lean toward her probably not having much of a choice in the matter and being wired that way. Fwiw, I know 2 other people that are gay. One I only do vaguely, but the guy I went to school with, I really was not surprised when I was told given the way he acted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back