• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say this on race then I’m done with it. I’m not racist despite what people think of me. And I’ve been told I’m racist before and typically I laugh because I don’t care what people think. I treat all people equally Latino black white asian etc. because I like to look at the bigger picture. It’s not skin colors it is how a person acts there attitude there actions the way they treat others. I believe all lives matter and I am sickened by the people that’s been shot by the BLM protests. I am sickened by the erasing of history and people being offended by pancake syrup. And people being offended by master bedroom. The stupidity and actions of others is what I’m sickened by not the color of someone’s skin. I’m just a South Carolina country boy trying to make it paycheck to paycheck to support my family. Racism will always be a problem but I don’t think it’s a majority problem. I think racism is isolated but BLM movement and the stupidity will bring racism back to live so it needs to stop. I’m done with my rant call me names criticize me all you want. Really I don’t care! But I can get along with anyone and everyone even those I don’t agree with. Skin color is never a issue here but your actions are. Break in to my house and I don’t care what color you are I’ll protect my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanna say despite political differences here I'm glad that this board isn't as vitriolic when it comes to differing views.

I'm probably the wrong guy to say that considering things I've said on certain other boards, but it was mainly because people habitually insulted people and I got angry to the point where I just snapped and said things I regret now.

That being said, I hope we all stay friendly towards each other.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Professor who predicted Trump's 2016 win explains why he thinks Trump will win again

Norpoth’s “Primary Model” shows that President Trump has a 91 percent chance of being reelected and also shows he would get 362 electoral votes. The model is based on a statistical and historical theory that the professor outlines.

I don't know if many here know this (I just learned this, myself), but just 2.5 years before becoming President, Lincoln clearly expressed white supremacist/anti-equality views in a debate for an Illinois Senate seat with Stephen Douglas on 9/18/1858:

“I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

This shows how much Lincoln evolved within just a few years.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-lincoln-racism-equality-oppose/

I don't know if many here know this (I just learned this, myself), but just 2.5 years before becoming President, Lincoln clearly expressed white supremacist/anti-equality views in a debate for an Illinois Senate seat with Stephen Douglas on 9/18/1858:

“I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

This shows how much Lincoln evolved within just a few years.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-lincoln-racism-equality-oppose/

Wait until adultery is the new political- correct-sin that gives permission to burn, break, and tear down statues.

Wait until adultery is the new political- correct-sin that gives permission to burn, break, and tear down statues.
I think it’s interesting ! In the past the church in many European nations had power ! Even in our colonies. People would be shamed and cast out by large judgemental mobs .

Now the same exact thing is happening except the mob is liberal , probably mostly non religious .

U.S. Supreme Court blocks Alabama order easing voting restrictions (good news)

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday blocked a lower-court ruling that would have relaxed voting restrictions in Alabama state during the coronavirus pandemic.

I think it’s interesting ! In the past the church in many European nations had power ! Even in our colonies. People would be shamed and cast out by large judgemental mobs .

Now the same exact thing is happening except the mob is liberal , probably mostly non religious .

Finally

Again until the 1960's blacks were not afforded those rights equally at all......the point of kneeling is to make a statement, its to say that even though the things I highlighted above exist they are still not being applied equally....I imagine most of the soldiers that died under the flag understood that kneeling during the anthem is exactly the kind of freedom they were fighting for.....
why do you keep bringing up the 1960's. Most black Americans was not born yet. ( 60 years ago) I thought this was about today's Americans. (2020) But, you are right..... you have every right to kneel. Just a lot more people would respect a power fist over kneeling (called having class. Showing respect while making a statement)

ef8f56e1862fbd19a50256a4a5236cd8.jpg

This is what Mount Rushmore should look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back