• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not true at all. Years ago me and a black person put in for the same management role. Well the black person got it over me which was fine. But I felt we both had the same equal opportunity just they felt that person was the better person for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are a lot of times where it doesn’t come into play. But it happens. A lot. It just does.

If you don’t recognize systemic racism as a legit thing all I can say is you live a sheltered life and haven’t yet been exposed to it.

but it is true. I’m sorry but when a lot of hiring managers get a job application with the name Laquanda, Darnell, Darrius, Deonte, Tamir etc there are racists out there who will not even look at their application. Also like it or not black people are a lot of times looked at as a criminal or a bad guy just because they are black. You have undertones of racism that work against black people and they face it every single day.
I am a hiring manager for my company and I don't do that. I look at past experience in the resume. Are you a hiring manager?

but it is true. I’m sorry but when a lot of hiring managers get a job application with the name Laquanda, Darnell, Darrius, Deonte, Tamir etc there are racists out there who will not even look at their application. Also like it or not black people are a lot of times looked at as a criminal or a bad guy just because they are black. You have undertones of racism that work against black people and they face it every single day.
IWe can agree to disagree but a name doesn’t mean poop. Experience and skills hire a person.

hey I’m also probably one of the older posters here at 40. I was a kid in the 80s when it was way worse. It’s better now but there is still progress to make.

I am a hiring manager for my company and I don't do that. I look at past experience in the resume. Are you a hiring manager?
But it’s the past and a long long time ago. A black AMERICAN a live today has equal right and is

IWe can agree to disagree but a name doesn’t mean poop. Experience and skills hire a person.
[/QUOTE]

yeah I’m a hiring manager. And you’re right I’m Not saying even close to 100% of people do it but it happens. I mean come on you don’t think there are racists out there who would intentionally hire the white guy over the black guy? I mean really even if it’s 5-10% you still have the segment of America pushing against black people.

hey I’m also probably one of the older posters here at 40. I was a kid in the 80s when it was way worse. It’s better now but there is still progress to make.

A lot of people disagree with you. Maybe what your saying is true in some places. But I’ve never seen it where I live. Blacks from my point of view have gotten the same opportunities. If your seeing something different I’m not gonna argue with ya

I also grow up in Decatur. My family was the only white family on the street. I went to school were we have less then 10 white kids in the whole school. Racism works both ways. I’ve experienced it but if you work hard enough your skin color means jack!

Hired a black woman today that wanted more money than a white woman I interviewed today. She was just better and worth the investment. But my practices are not the same as everyone else’s.

I also grow up in Decatur. My family was the only white family on the street. I went to school were we have less then 10 white kids in the whole school. Racism works both ways. I’ve experienced it but if you work hard enough your skin color means jack!
I can relate. I went to a city school in Atlanta metro too and I was the minority as a white guy. Racism does go both ways but in America white men run the country overwhelmingly.

Hired a black woman today that wanted more money than a white woman I interviewed today. She was just better and worth the investment. But my practices are not the same as everyone else’s.

If you don’t mind me asking what type of work do ya do? Sorry just curious

I can relate. I went to a city school in Atlanta metro too and I was the minority as a white guy. Racism does go both ways but in America white men run the country overwhelmingly.
True but it doesn’t mean a black person cant be somebody . Didn’t we just have a black president? Times are changing but if people keep bring up ---- from 400 years ago we can never keep moving forward.

But it’s the past and a long long time ago. A black AMERICAN a live today has equal right and is

yeah I’m a hiring manager. And you’re right I’m Not saying even close to 100% of people do it but it happens. I mean come on you don’t think there are racists out there who would intentionally hire the white guy over the black guy? I mean really even if it’s 5-10% you still have the segment of America pushing against black people.
[/QUOTE]
Of course it happens some. But there are laws in place to protect black people already in those cases. If more effort would be put in on education and focusing on the health of the black family it would solve alot of issues instead of always dishing out a woe-is-me victimized mindset.

Guess we agree to disagree on this one. Hard work can overcome but I still firmly believe minorities face systemic racism and it’s not right or fair and only time will make it better. Sad thing is it will never go away. Typically the majority reins supreme over the minority and will try to keep the status quo.

True but it doesn’t mean a black person cant be somebody . Didn’t we just have a black president? Times are changing but if people keep bring up poop from 400 years ago we can never keep moving forward.
Of course it happens some. But there are laws in place to protect black people already in those cases. If more effort would be put in on education and focusing on the health of the black family it would solve alot of issues instead of always dishing out a woe-is-me victimized mindset.

circling back to the black lives matter and black national anthem.... you’re right above but that doesn’t mean we can’t continue to keep the plight in the spotlight.

And if Democrats ever pass a bill. Where money comes out of white peoples paycheck to make up for slavery. You will see a lot of pissed of whites and racism will become a lot worse then it’s ever been.

circling back to the black lives matter and black national anthem.... you’re right above but that doesn’t mean we can’t continue to keep the plight on the spotlight.
[/QUOTE]
At what cost is it worth keeping the spotlight on the plight constantly, incessantly? When does personal responsibility ever come into account?

And if Democrats ever pass a bill. Where money comes out of white peoples paycheck to make up for slavery. You will see a lot of pissed of whites and racism will become a lot worse then it’s ever been.

I’m personally not for reparations. But it’s been done before for Japanese internment and the Holocaust etc

circling back to the black lives matter and black national anthem.... you’re right above but that doesn’t mean we can’t continue to keep the plight on the spotlight.
At what cost is it worth keeping the spotlight on the plight constantly, incessantly? When does personal responsibility ever come into account?
[/QUOTE]

these quotes are jacked up.... but my answer would be always. But....I just don’t have a problem with the spotlight being on the black plight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back