• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, that was the states, not Trump. Remember him saying that he was going to decide when to open the country and then he got schooled on the Constitution and states rights? Yeah. He didn’t have anything to do with states opening up. The governors did.

But he released a phased plan to the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here is Racist yes Black people can be racist to! There should not be a black National anthem because it’s racist. A white national anthem would be racist. There should only be one national anthem and that’s the American national anthem for every race in the United States. You’ve got to be kidding me. I will never stand up for this Garbage and will not be watching the NFL.

Stop. No one cares if you won’t be watching the NFL, especially the NFL. The current national anthem IS the white national anthem because blacks had ZERO RIGHTS when the song was adopted as the national anthem.

Stop. No one cares if you won’t be watching the NFL, especially the NFL. The current national anthem IS the white national anthem because blacks had ZERO RIGHTS when the song was adopted as the national anthem.

That’s the biggest load of crap I’ve ever heard.

It’s true and you can’t dispute it. If you can prove I’m wrong, I’ll be more than glad to look at your evidence.

There is nothing in the National anthem that is racist. Show me in the lyrics where it’s racist. It’s always been the National anthem there’s never been a problem with it until now. So no reason to change what’s always been.

Can you explain this again in more detail. My black children are confused.

I think what he's saying is that Biden is out of it and losing his mind.

but he’s not there and doesn’t show any signs of serious cognitive decline. It’s wishful thinking that will backfire on the right. This “Biden isn’t capable” doesn’t have any traction.

Lift every voice and sing. Beautiful song. There is no reason why someone should be triggered by it playing. Black people have come a long way but still aren’t equal. Highlighting the plight of black Americans is not something I have a problem with considering they still need some help getting the backwoods racists to stop trying to hold them down.

There is nothing in the National anthem that is racist. Show me in the lyrics where it’s racist. It’s always been the National anthem there’s never been a problem with it until now. So no reason to change what’s always been.

I never said it was racist. I said that it was a white national anthem because POC were not considered citizens when it was adopted. Natives, blacks, and Hispanics, were not considered citizens of this country when the song was adopted. Like I said, if you have evidence to the contrary, show it to me.

I never said it was racist. I said that it was a white national anthem because POC were not considered citizens when it was adopted. Natives, blacks, and Hispanics, were not considered citizens of this country when the song was adopted. Like I said, if you have evidence to the contrary, show it to me.

That doesn’t make it a white anthem That’s ridiculous.

Lift every voice and sing. Beautiful song. There is no reason why someone should be triggered by it playing. Black people have come a long way but still aren’t equal. Highlighting the plight of black Americans is not something I have a problem with considering they still need some help getting the backwoods racists to stop trying to hold them down.
Black people are equal. They are Americans just like you and me. Every AMERICAN can be whatever they want if they work hard enough.

Black people are equal. They are Americans just like you and me. Every AMERICAN can be whatever they want if they work hard enough.

black people face more adversity than white people by a long way. Put a black person and a white person in the same exact starting point and it’s harder for the black person to get tot he same place at the end as the white person. Systemic racism, etc all are headwinds against the black guy.

black people face more adversity than white people by a long way. Put a black person and a white person in the same exact starting point and it’s harder for the black person to get tot he same place at the end as the white person. Systemic racism, etc all are headwinds against the black guy.
Not true but you can feel that way.

Can you explain this again in more detail. My black children are confused.

It’s in a history book. War of 1812. Francis Scott Key. Fort McHenry. Baltimore Harbor. The music is actually an old English drinking song. Your children should be aware that blacks were considered 3/5 of a person during that time period. Also they were more likely to be considered property in the south rather than a person.

That’s not true at all. Years ago me and a black person put in for the same management role. Well the black person got it over me which was fine. But I felt we both had the same equal opportunity just they felt that person was the better person for the job.

Not true but you can feel that way.

but it is true. I’m sorry but when a lot of hiring managers get a job application with the name Laquanda, Darnell, Darrius, Deonte, Tamir etc there are racists out there who will not even look at their application. Also like it or not black people are a lot of times looked at as a criminal or a bad guy just because they are black. You have undertones of racism that work against black people and they face it every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back