• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump just tweeted this a while ago...and people are worried about Biden being mentally impaired.....Roger Ailes died 3 years ago......he was Trump's friend.....so to answer Trump's question.....Roger Ailes is dead, and Trump forgot he was dead.

Lol and we're supposedly to believe Biden is the only one that's mentally impaired? ?

Unbelievable. Wow. I’m at a lost of words to say if you think cooper has handled ANYTHING.

Ok dodo bird, whatever you say.

He shut down the state earlier than some of his neighboring counterparts and has kept us w/ restrictions longer, he's also enforcing the statewide mandates, and his public messages have been fine. Doesn't matter what party he's affiliated with, if he was a republican you'd be heaping praise on him, but of course you're a total hypocrite and going to cherry-pick any minor thing he's done wrong to reinforce your own skewed personal views.

Ok dodo bird, whatever you say.

He shut down the state earlier than some of his neighboring counterparts and has kept us w/ restrictions longer, he's also enforcing the statewide mandates, and his public messages have been fine. Doesn't matter what party he's affiliated with, if he was a republican you'd be heaping praise on him, but of course you're a total hypocrite and going to cherry-pick any minor thing he's done wrong to reinforce your own skewed personal views.
A lot will depend on what he does with the upcoming school year. People are patiently waiting for his decision. I am a Republican and I think he has handled the virus pretty well so far.

nope people will vote with their wallets all gyms bars and many more who never vote are coming out just to vote him out!!! Yay

Cooper is probably going to win by a wide margin. Lots of people (including myself) who are on the other side of the aisle and think he's done a great job w/ covid-19 will vote for him instead of the republican nominee. Just because someone is a democrat doesn't mean literally everything they see and do is bad (& vis versa for Republicans), Cooper is a good example of this.

The underlying theme is here somewhat obvious. Climate also plays a large role (warmer weather = more cases (contrary to what most wanted us to believe a few months ago) but piss poor policies in Republican states explains a lot of this. Blue states will likely catch back up soon enough as lockdown fatigue takes hold

1593598221580.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 6.10.05 AM.png

If Trump sent nukes at Russia how would people feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure there's something in the middle between publically ignoring the situation and launching nuclear missiles.

I am not a free for all Trump basher like a lot of people, but he has missed many opportunities throughout his presidency to act presidential. But he hasn't missed many opportunities to insult those he disagrees with and put forward a lot of double talk, spin, and outright rambling.

I know that much of that is his style. I get it. And I also like some of his stances, policies, and the fact that he does project the fact that he has a backbone. But I wish he would have handled many of these contentious situations in a more dignified way. I think he could have earned a broader respect, or at the very least, eliminated much of the criticism around his clownish behavior, if he would have not fouled a lot of these pitches off.

If Trump somehow pulls a miracle like in 2016. I’m sure Dems will blame Russia again.

No I don’t think there should be a mandatory $15 minimum wage. But I believe in giving businesses as much of a break as possible if they can give it back to there employees. Hiring higher wage better benefits etc.

Minimum wage has remained stagnated while inflation drove up the prices of everything.

Taking into account tuition, room, board, and fees across 2,312 public and private colleges and universities in the U.S., the average price of an undergraduate degree increased $63,973, or roughly 161%, since 1987.

The four-year price of University of Central Florida, including tuition, fees and housing, has seen a 87% increase between 1987 and 2016, for a total difference of $28,772. A student making a part-time, minimum-wage salary could pay for 106.5% of University of Central Florida's cost in 1987, while an equivalent job would cover 68.2% in 2016. If this part-time salary is dedicated entirely towards school, in 2016 a student would need to find a way to pay the additional $19,648 that the part-time salary doesn't cover. With this degree now in hand, the average salary for an early-career, college-educated worker in the U.S. saw a 2.3% increase between 1987 and 2016, from $49,406 to $50,556.

Assuming these early-career salaries grow at an average of 3% annually, graduates of University of Central Florida in 2016 will need approximately 4 years and 9 months more time to pay off their student loans.

This is just a small indicator of how much things have increased in cost just since 1987. This research only goes up to 2016, so inflation and tuition have increased in those four years, but the minimum wage has not.

Minimum wage has remained stagnated while inflation drove up the prices of everything.

Taking into account tuition, room, board, and fees across 2,312 public and private colleges and universities in the U.S., the average price of an undergraduate degree increased $63,973, or roughly 161%, since 1987.

The four-year price of University of Central Florida, including tuition, fees and housing, has seen a 87% increase between 1987 and 2016, for a total difference of $28,772. A student making a part-time, minimum-wage salary could pay for 106.5% of University of Central Florida's cost in 1987, while an equivalent job would cover 68.2% in 2016. If this part-time salary is dedicated entirely towards school, in 2016 a student would need to find a way to pay the additional $19,648 that the part-time salary doesn't cover. With this degree now in hand, the average salary for an early-career, college-educated worker in the U.S. saw a 2.3% increase between 1987 and 2016, from $49,406 to $50,556.

Assuming these early-career salaries grow at an average of 3% annually, graduates of University of Central Florida in 2016 will need approximately 4 years and 9 months more time to pay off their student loans.

This is just a small indicator of how much things have increased in cost just since 1987. This research only goes up to 2016, so inflation and tuition have increased in those four years, but the minimum wage has not.

But when you raise minimum wage to $15. Your dollar general and dollar trees and Ollie’s and roses bargain stores would probably be forced to shut down because they can’t afford that wage. Or no one would work no more the 10hrs a week. I mean some companies can afford $15 other businesses and companies can not. And if Democrats raise there taxes and minimum wage look for mass job loss.

Here’s the real story. These home owners had every right to draw guns. I would have done the same. Of course the fake news will twist it to make this couple look bad.

They had the right to have them displayed, but not point them at anyone. Once that happened it became a threat whether they were on their own property or not. Add to the fact that that stupid c*** had her booger hook on the bang lever and it looks a lot worse. Her muzzle discipline was complete shite. She muzzled the back of her husbands head for Gods sake!!

Point is, you can’t point a firearm at anyone without there being repercussions. You can hold it at the low ready position, but you can’t point it at anyone. That is an overt threat.

But when you raise minimum wage to $15. Your dollar general and dollar trees and Ollie’s and roses bargain stores would probably be forced to shut down because they can’t afford that wage. Or no one would work no more the 10hrs a week. I mean some companies can afford $15 other businesses and companies can not. And if Democrats raise there taxes and minimum wage look for mass job loss.

I’d figure away around this would be to raise it higher for those say out of high school but keep in the same for those in high school. A lot of these places employee high schoolers anyways and their parents pay for everything so theirs no need in them making $15 an hour.

They had the right to have them displayed, but not point them at anyone. Once that happened it became a threat whether they were on their own property or not. Add to the fact that that stupid c*** had her booger hook on the bang lever and it looks a lot worse. Her muzzle discipline was complete shite. She muzzled the back of her husbands head for Gods sake!!

Point is, you can’t point a firearm at anyone without there being repercussions. You can hold it at the low ready position, but you can’t point it at anyone. That is an overt threat.

I understand that but they feared for there life. If you charge these two people for pointing a gun at people. Then all those protesters that had guns should be charged as well. Because apparently they threaten these two people life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back