• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect, its great to have and live in a place where all of this can be debated openly and freely. Just remember this opportunity can be only a generation from extinction. I stand with those that support what's most important to me..freedom, security, and opportunity. And I don't like those that seek to take that away. I don't need anyone or any politician looking after me, taking care of me, or paving my path for me. I work to maintain my health and finances. The only thing I want from my taxpayer money is to protect this nation and its citizens.
Very well said and to the point!

Maybe I can understand the mentality of a select few who disagree with conservatives, but I can't understand supporting lawlessness, overreaching government regulations, attack on the 2nd amendment, AFTER BIRTH ABORTIONS, death taxes insuring what you want to leave to your kids is taken by the government, a green deal (that prohibits our choices, yet does nothing to get the rest of the world onboard), supports China ( a government that kills its own citizens, sets them on fire in the streets for wanting FREEDOM), and supporting a party who dislikes our only ally in the middle east (Israel).
Preach it brother.....

Maybe I can understand the mentality of a select few who disagree with conservatives, but I can't understand supporting lawlessness, overreaching government regulations, attack on the 2nd amendment, AFTER BIRTH ABORTIONS, death taxes insuring what you want to leave to your kids is taken by the government, a green deal (that prohibits our choices, yet does nothing to get the rest of the world onboard), supports China ( a government that kills its own citizens, sets them on fire in the streets for wanting FREEDOM), and supporting a party who dislikes our only ally in the middle east (Israel).

The select few who disagree with conservatives? No... you mean like hundreds of millions of people?

Also trying to compartmentalize everyone into one of two political parties ultimately leads to misrepresentation of their political views, and selectively pointing out the viewpoints on the extreme ends of the political spectrum as a means of self-validation over focusing on your actual views is unhealthy. This extreme selective bias has become evermore present of late.

Now we're going to take credit for the economy? But when the dow goes back down again due to a secondary surge in cases and shutdowns we won't take responsibility for it?

Lol

Individual states have their own representation. Its not the office of the presidency's responsibility to micromanage every decision they make, otherwise throw the house, senate, governorships out the window.

Now we're going to take credit for the economy? But when the dow goes back down again due to a secondary surge in cases and shutdowns we won't take responsibility for it?

Lol
The virus obviously is why the economy went into the crapper. Nobody thought it would recover this fast, so Trump gets the credit for exceeding expectations, yes! ❄️

Read, my friend.

He meant that for me. Trump warned me about covid, and I adequately responded instead of listening to Pelosi telling me to visit China. I don't know how else to say it. He did what he needed to do and it was up to the people to either listen to Trump or Pelosi. I chose Trump. No more complicated than that.

Lol
Taking credit for what happened to the economy prior to the China originated virus. I’m currently buying a home and selling the one I’m living in now. 4 years ago I got a 4.85% interest rate on this home, today I was quoted at a 2.79% fixed interest rate for my new home. You know how much money that will save me over 15 or 30 years that I can put right back into the economy?

What does Hillary Clinton supposedly selling missile technology to China have to do w/ Trump not taking responsibility for his own actions esp regarding covid-19? Again, you're deflecting and coming up w/ straw men to distract from and cover for Trump's misdoings. MAGAs are getting even more desperate.
For someone who has an education, you sure are blinded and biased by your political beliefs. Not all Trump supporters are stupid, racist, white people. I am a 55 year old and very well educated man. Also, I am a plant manager of a 400 employee manufacturing facility and I am appalled at your attitude toward anyone who wants what's best for America. You young guys think that money just grows on trees and the government will support you even if nobody works. You folks better wake up and smell what the Democratic party is cooking.

For someone who has an education, you sure are blinded and biased by your political beliefs. Not all Trump supporters are stupid, racist, white people. I am a 55 year old and very well educated man. Also, I am a plant manager of a 400 employee manufacturing facility and I am appalled at your attitude toward anyone who wants what's best for America. You young guys think that money just grows on trees and the government will support you even if nobody works. You folks better wake up and smell what the Democratic party is cooking.

More often than not they are. Collectively people with higher educations and (likely IQ) that are also non-white are not trump supporters, that's pretty obvious.

In retrospect, its great to have and live in a place where all of this can be debated openly and freely. Just remember this opportunity can be only a generation from extinction. I stand with those that support what's most important to me..freedom, security, and opportunity. And I don't like those that seek to take that away. I don't need anyone or any politician looking after me, taking care of me, or paving my path for me. I work to maintain my health and finances. The only thing I want from my taxpayer money is to protect this nation and its citizens.
[/QUOTE

Good point

All this brings up another question to me. Why rely on government to tell you what to do? If there is a pandemic, get your goods and protect yourself.

New Orleans is a city where a lot of residents choose to rely on government. When the hurricane hit they were waiting on aid from their local government that they elected, and were let down. They were also let down by their local government even before the storm hit. Funds were allocated to them for years for this exact purpose of planning and rescue, and they spent that money on other social programs instead. This is why I'm reluctant to hand the keys over to the libs.

He's had a hard day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back