• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I’m newer and a lot of you guys don’t know me.
1. I’m a center left Democrat voter.
2. I’m pro gun - I own some, including ARs
3. I’m Pro Life in 95% of cases
4. I’m pro marijuana legalization
5. Pro gay marriage
6. I’m pro business - I like stocks

Any other topics I’m sure will come up. But I’m your typical southern democrat.
I agree with 4/6. Good deal

Im not angry at all, I’m actually in a very good mood enjoying my ham and turkey sandwich. But the rush by Democrats to try to reinterpret what is growing sentiment on the fringe is funny to me.

I’m not intending to reinterpret. Yes, the far left has gone too far with the cancel culture. I was just adding facts that the paw patrol stuff was not legit. Chase is gonna make it.

I’m not intending to reinterpret. Yes, the far left has gone too far with the cancel culture. I was just adding facts that the paw patrol stuff was not legit. Chase is gonna make it.

I guess you and I will just have to differ on what facts are. But yeah I highly doubt they do anything to PP. It makes way too much money. AE’s stupid decision to cancel Live PD, means some other Media group is about to cash in.

Since I’m newer and a lot of you guys don’t know me.
1. I’m a center left Democrat voter.
2. I’m pro gun - I own some, including ARs
3. I’m Pro Life in 95% of cases
4. I’m pro marijuana legalization
5. Pro gay marriage
6. I’m pro business - I like stocks

Any other topics I’m sure will come up. But I’m your typical southern democrat.
glad you found your way over.

Kind of but to me “defund the police” is worded a lot differently from “let’s rethink policing strategies”. Also, many really want to dismantle it. I think defunding or worse, demantling, the police is a terrible idea that shouldn’t be in the forefront of discussions. It is insane. And the police as an institution being maligned is not right at all. You agree, right?

Aside: why are there so many posts referring to the common name, “Karen”? What is that supposed to mean exactly and where did the reference originate?
I agree. My somewhat abstract point is that I think wording is done in these situations to call attention to the matter at hand. Both mine and your suggestions for a correct term are closer to reality but neither would garner the press needed to generate action. BLM made the right mad, and created emotion by design. Change is now happening. "Any publicity is good publicity" kinda thing. Same with "defund police" Said my way which will turn out to be what actually happens is generating conversation whereas my version would be back page news. We, including the president are manipulated by people that are good at it.

Last edited:
The SS?! Lol what an idiot.

View attachment 42744
Seriously? The only" idiots" would be the ones who are not capable of understanding what he meant by SS, it sure as heck wasn't meant to read the Waffen SS. Plenty of things to jump on Trump about but if the average American tries to equate this with the German SS is beyond repair IMO. I mean he used the abbreviation for District of Columbia (DC) but I doubt anyone confused that to mean Dark Continent

I agree. My somewhat abstract point is that I think wording is done in these situations to call attention to the matter at hand. Both mine and your suggestions for a correct term are closer to reality but neither would garner the press needed to generate action. BLM made the right mad, and created emotion by design. Change is now happening. "Any publicity is good publicity" kinda thing. Same with "defund police" Said my way which will turn out to be what actually happens is generating conversation whereas my version would be back page news. We, including the president are manipulated by people that are good at it.

I don’t quite agree. Yes it created conversation, but it also expanded both fringe elements. That is where you get major problems.

I will also add that the situation unfolding in Washington is designed to create attention. EVERYBODY in their right mind knows it could be put down in 20 minutes. That would create martyrs and press for the "cause" That's exactly what they want. Think WACO and Ruby ridge and the fallout from those debacles.
I don’t quite agree. Yes it created conversation, but it also expanded both fringe elements. That is where you get major problems.
Pretty sure that's what they were going for. The expansion created fears and emotion. Wide spread support (press) will wane and fringe elements will fade from relevance once some of the goals are met. Occupy Wall Street anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back