• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it works for some ot but not all?

There are certain aspects of OT law that were specifically for the people of that day and culture. The pigskin, cotton, etc types of rules are examples and they are abolished in the NT. There are other OT laws that are reinforced in the NT. It can get pretty deep theologically delving into them but that's the basic concept. People forget or just don't know that when they read Bible verses how important context is. Most people don't take the time to try to understand it so when they see something like a law about not wearing cotton or touching pig skin they take it at face value without trying to understand what was truly being said/taught and how it applies to modern day Christianity.

There are certain aspects of OT law that were specifically for the people of that day and culture. The pigskin, cotton, etc types of rules are examples and they are abolished in the NT. There are other OT laws that are reinforced in the NT. It can get pretty deep theologically delving into them but that's the basic concept. People forget or just don't know that when they read Bible verses how important context is. Most people don't take the time to try to understand it so when they see something like a law about not wearing cotton or touching pig skin they take it at face value without trying to understand what was truly being said/taught and how it applies to modern day Christianity.
This does belong in the other thread and I was expecting your argument. I am going to spare us all the debate and make my end point.
Judging others and hate is how this country got into the mess it's in. Two things the Bible is very clear on.
Free will was given for a reason.

Not sure why Trump has a problem with taking down the statues and renaming the bases. After all he likes heroes that don't get captured

This does belong in the other thread and I was expecting your argument. I am going to spare us all the debate and make my end point.
Judging others and hate is how this country got into the mess it's in. Two things the Bible is very clear on.
Free will was given for a reason.

I agree judging others and hate are bad for this country and in general as well. At the same time one can be against a certain type of lifestyle based on their religious beliefs without hating the person. For example, I’m against drinking alcohol or getting drunk but I have tons of friends who do all the time. I love them but I disagree with their lifestyle yet I’m able to be friends with them because I don’t go around condemning them or attacking them for their lifestyle choices. Same with a person who is gay. I will be strongly against it just as I would a man who is cheating on his wife, but that doesn’t mean I can’t also be compassionate and caring towards that individual. Our society in general has lost the concept of being able to disagree with someone (whether political, religious or personal lifestyle choices) while still treating them with love and compassion. I can fully disagree with someone on various issues but still treat them with kindness and love and that’s how all Christians should be.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of Christians in general get a bad rap because I’ve seen some who are religious and go around constantly tearing others down and acting like they are happy that person is living a certain lifestyle (like homosexuality or infidelity). This causes people to broadbrush Christians and say we all are judgmental, condemning, hateful, etc when we really aren’t, just some who give Christians a bad look (just like with cops).

I agree judging others and hate are bad for this country and in general as well. At the same time one can be against a certain type of lifestyle based on who do all the time. I love them but I disagree with their lifestyle yet I’m able to be friends with them because I don’t go around condemning them or attacking them for their lifestyle choices. their religious beliefs without hating the person. For example, I’m against drinking alcohol or getting drunk but I have tons of friends Same with a person who is gay. I will be strongly against it just as I would a man who is cheating on his wife, but that doesn’t mean I can’t also be compassionate and caring towards that individual. Our society in general has lost the concept of being able to disagree with someone (whether political, religious or personal lifestyle choices) while still treating them with love and compassion. I can fully disagree with someone on various issues but still treat them with kindness and love and that’s how all Christians should be.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of Christians in general get a bad rap because I’ve seen some who are religious and go around constantly tearing others down and acting like they are happy that person is living a certain lifestyle (like homosexuality or infidelity). This causes people to broadbrush Christians and say we all are judgmental, condemning, hateful, etc when we really aren’t, just some who give Christians a bad look (just like with cops).
Most excellent points and exactly where I wanted this to go. Well done sir.

Looks like he fell harder than he was pushed:

You know the states need to hurry and put up signs , “Warning! Not responsible for Injuries or death to liberals in the process of taking down statue” or “Warning: This statue is made of rock, which is heavier than the cushions on your moms couch. State not responsible for kissing booboos.”

Gotta have legal protection.

Ellen DeGeneres Has posted on her Instagram to defund police. Old Joe can run for the moment but he can’t hide. As more celebrities come out in agreement, he will be forced to concede.

In other news, what I’m reading about the zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Ellen DeGeneres Has posted on her Instagram to defund police. Old Joe can run for the moment but he can’t hide. As more celebrities come out in agreement, he will be forced to concede.
Yep. Where it will get real muddy is when he says one thing to a certain group and then forgets and says something different to another group. Can we please hurry up and have the debates?!

In other news, what I’m reading about the zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Nah, he won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back