• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Doh Therapy.

LGBT is a choice. You chose to be Gay. Does it hurt me no but I don’t think it’s ok either. Because I feel bad because I don’t want anyone burning in hell
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a choice. People are born that way. Have you ever talked with a person with same sex attraction? They have had those feelings as long as they can remember. I was talking with a gay man once about it trying to understand because I had always thought it was a choice too and he told me... "you think I would choose to be this way and face all the wrath and persecution I've faced from family, friends, and church? Why would I ever do that" ... made sense.

But does it hurt you in any way? What if someone is born that way? How can they help it?
It doesn’t hurt anybody. No. These people deserve to live a fair and equal life. And in 2020, they do.

One thing that May rub people the wrong way is how it is force fed to us. Our kids are also force fed the LGBTQ ideology. The LBGTQ community makes up around 4% of the US population but with the way it is presented to us on a daily basis you would think it was much much higher.
Your not born Gay no I don’t believe that for a moment

I grew up with a guy and he was very feminine from
a young age. This was back in the early/mid 90’s in a time before the LGBTQ ideology was force fed to us on a daily basis. In his 20’s he came out of the closet and is now married to another man. 100% he was born gay

On the flip side of what I just said, I went to middle and high school with a beautiful girl who always dated guys growing up. I even kissed her on a church trip one time. (you old dog you) After high school she began dating other girls and had several girlfriends. Just last year I saw on Facebook where she is now engaged to a man. This was obviously a phase she went through. She was not born gay. Everyone that is gay is not born gay. Either way it’s no one’s business. Just calling it how I see it.

I realize there can be a few exceptions, but in general why in the world would someone choose to be gay as negatively as that is looked upon by many folks and as difficult as that can make their lives? You really don’t think a small % of folks (say, 5-10%) could be born that way? You think people can change their sexual preference?

Science says they are born that way. MRI data shows the differences in the brain. It is a born with attribute.

Not to mention what people do in their own house in their own bedroom is nobody elses business

Your not born Gay no I don’t believe that for a moment

So let me ask you this. Since one is not "born gay" and it's a "choice" when did you choose? What was the occasion?

Maybe a 7th grade football game? Hot QB and a hot cheerleader and you liked both but then you just had to make that choice right?

For me i was born straight. From the 6th grade on it was staying up till midnight on Saturdays to watch G.L.O.W.

Larry and Jimmy getting it done in here last night. Well done gentlemen.

@Jessy89
Some things to ponder . It was a tv show but the passages are accurate and the points are very clear here.

President Josiah Bartlet: I like your show. I like how you call homosexuality an abomination.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: I don't say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President. The Bible does. President Josiah Bartlet: Yes it does. Leviticus.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: 18:22.

President Josiah Bartlet: Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?

Think about those questions, would you? While you are doing that , a few pages back CR made a post quoting scripture about judging others. IIRC you liked it....

Last edited:
Larry and Jimmy getting it done in here last night. Well done gentlemen.

@Jessy89
Some things to ponder . It was a tv show but the passages are accurate and the points are very clear here.

President Josiah Bartlet: I like your show. I like how you call homosexuality an abomination.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: I don't say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President. The Bible does. President Josiah Bartlet: Yes it does. Leviticus.

Dr. Jenna Jacobs: 18:22.

President Josiah Bartlet: Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophomore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?

Think about those questions, would you? While you are doing that , a few pages back CR made a post quoting scripture about judging others. IIRC you liked it....

I cringe when people misquote OT laws like that and think they apply to Christians today.This stuff probably belongs in the religious thread anyways, but here is a link which summarizes the OT laws referenced.

I cringe when people misquote OT laws like that and think they apply to Christians today.This stuff probably belongs in the religious thread anyways, but here is a link which summarizes the OT laws referenced.

Agree. If you’re going to quote the Bible, rightly divide and discern it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back