• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they just “banned” the confederate flag from
NASCAR tracks and properties. 99% of NASCAR fans are rednecks so i’m not sure what they accomplished besides pissing a bunch of people off. More cancel culture imo. I could care less about the confederate flag. Never owned one and I think they’re trashy, but telling people they can’t have one in a sport that was founded in Dixie is just an outright slap in the face for those people. That’s my take on it

NASCAR tracks and properties. 99% of NASCAR fans are rednecks so i’m not sure what they accomplished besides pissing a bunch of people off. More cancel culture imo. I could care less about the confederate flag. Never owned one and I think they’re trashy, but telling people they can’t have one in a sport that was founded in Dixie is just an outright slap in the face for those people. That’s my take on it
I agree

As bad as they were hemorrhaging supporters this might be the last straw.

I have a few Dixie shirts with the rebel flag on it. I guarantee I will not stop wearing those shirts just because blacks want to whine and complain. It is not a racist flag to me it’s a symbol of heritage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few Dixie shirts with the rebel flag on it. I guarantee I will not stop wearing those shirts just because blacks want to whine and complain. It is not a racist flag to me it’s a symbol of heritage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A heritage based on owning slaves. The flag is also the flag of traitors and has no place but a museum.

A heritage based on owning slaves. The flag is also the flag of traitors and has no place but a museum.
To be fair, the civil war was originally over states rights. The issue of slavery was thrown in later. The notion to abolish slavery was a bid to get Lincoln elected in 1861. One of those states rights that the south taught for was the right to own slaves, but that was only a part of it. The civil war was not a fight to end slavery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back