• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right you have to be a paying member to see all of the inner workings and methodology of the poll.
I believe you are correct. I just saw where it's $4.95 to get access...

Sorry, you'll have to find that. I trust their twitter account. It's been in the news.
I wish I shared your enthusiasm for getting political content on twitter...but my experience is that both the left and right are shameful in how they share 'data', and are very good at manipulating followers to share that same data to reinforce existing beliefs...regardless of their accuracy. But that's a whole other rant for another day..

So what's the real motive behind disbanding police departments? It's not about social justice. It's to create instability. Who has hijacked their movement to create instability? Who's smiling now?
This entire thing is about gaining power over Trump and the people. You notice how Trump can’t do anything without attacked, remember the tear gas stunt. People are being controlled through chaos and riots. The dem media and gov doesn’t care because they have the upper hand.

This entire thing is about gaining power over Trump and the people. You notice how Trump can’t do anything without attacked, remember the tear gas stunt. People are being controlled through chaos and riots. The dem media and gov doesn’t care because they have the upper hand.
Correct. So who's behind it?

It’s funny that the media doesn’t mention the people that died in the riots, some innocent bystanders and store owners.

Or all of the other people killed by police that aren't black or the cops that get killed everyday in this country just for doing their job it's funny how they never make a big deal over those

Yeah but without the data I can tweet whatever ridiculous number I want too, then again I shouldnt be surprised Trump does that every day....its good to see the actual data. I cant find it on their website either which is odd.

Here is a poll from April that tells a different and frankly more likely story https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6842659-200203-NBCWSJ-April-Poll-4-19-20-Release.html

Looking inside the overall numbers, Biden's biggest advantages are with African American voters (among whom he leads Trump by 85 percent to 7 percent), Latinos (60 percent to 26 percent), voters ages 18-34 (54 percent to 31 percent), women (56 percent to 35 percent) and whites with college degrees (55 percent to 37 percent).
Polling before the riots. Sorry, that's ignoring two huge national events. 1. Trump's economic miracle Friday and 2. How the riots effect African-American community.

4e9080f466bc593c13a8b2f33abce968.jpg

Who would win the presidency in this scenario? Not a prediction just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would go to the HOR who would then vote, but it goes by state not individual member.....so in this event Trump would probably win though it would be probably only by a few states say 26 or 27 to 23 or 24 for Biden.

Polling before the riots. Sorry, that's ignoring two huge national events. 1. Trump's economic miracle Friday and 2. How the riots effect African-American community.

First LOL yeah economic miracle.....again you Trump guys polish a turd better than anyone ever.....

Then there is this....https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-06-06-coronavirus-news-n1226456/ncrd1226331#blogHeader

"Black unemployment rose to 16.8 percent in the monthly employment snapshot released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. While that number is slightly up from 16.7 last month, white unemployment came in at 12.4 percent, down from 14.9 percent.

I am sure blacks are thrilled by that economic miracle....got to be dancing in the streets over those numbers....

First LOL yeah economic miracle.....again you Trump guys polish a turd better than anyone ever.....

Then there is this....https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-06-06-coronavirus-news-n1226456/ncrd1226331#blogHeader

"Black unemployment rose to 16.8 percent in the monthly employment snapshot released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. While that number is slightly up from 16.7 last month, white unemployment came in at 12.4 percent, down from 14.9 percent.

I am sure blacks are thrilled by that economic miracle....got to be dancing in the streets over those numbers....
got to be dancing in the streets over those numbers....

Too soon...too soon

No actually Politico and the Washington Post did when they expected what the experts predicted (7million job loss). At around 8:15 am Politico posted a tweet just waiting for the misery in the reports. Washington Post actually did post a story that claimed 20% unemployement. They were horribly wrong. Economy gained 2.5 million jobs without the help of California and New York because they're shutdown. By the way NBC news is just another propaganda site. Say high to Chuck Todd who edited Barr's interview.

So it was gonna be one of those things that if we lost 9 million jobs as predicted it was definitely Trumps fault but since nearly 3 million jobs were gained, Trump just woke up with a four leaf clover in his pocket.

My wife voted for him in 2016 and despises him now. She will vote Biden this year.
So did mine... she's not voting Biden and she's definitely not voting Trump again. She's not sure if she's going to write-in or just sit this one out. I know several people who voted Trump in 2016 and are now turned against him and are either voting Biden, writing in, or sitting out

I don’t see how anyone could have voted Trump in 2016 and is now appalled by his behavior or what he’s done. His behavior prior to being elected and some of the dirt on him is far worse than anything he’s done or said while being in office. It sounds like a lot of people didn’t know who they were voting for in 2016 going by that logic.

I largely agree with you here, but police have actual authority. They should be held to a higher standard and should serve and protect equally and fairly across the board. When that system fails, it should be addressed and rectified swiftly.

I believe most cops are good and that the media does a really great job of spinning this, like so many other things. But given the gravity of the job of being a policeman, shining a strong light on policing to ensure fairness and ethical behavior is not a bad thing. In fact, it is the right thing, especially given the climate.
As long as the police force is operated by human beings, there will be “issues”. They are already required to hire a proportionate number of minorities, yet here we are. Plenty of videos of minority police officers kicking the sh** out of minority citizens. Plenty of videos of white police officers kicking the sh** out of white citizens. We are not addressing the root issues. Everyone who saw that video of Floyd getting choked to death was outraged. Everybody. But when we start putting people in boxes based on politics and skin color we fail. We fail miserably. Divide and conquer

No actually Politico and the Washington Post did when they expected what the experts predicted (7million job loss). At around 8:15 am Politico posted a tweet just waiting for the misery in the reports. Washington Post actually did post a story that claimed 20% unemployement. They were horribly wrong. Economy gained 2.5 million jobs without the help of California and New York because they're shutdown. By the way NBC news is just another propaganda site. Say high to Chuck Todd who edited Barr's interview.

Just pointing out that blacks have no reason to have increased support for Trump because of job numbers which you implied may be increasing black support for Trump, since ya know the poll I posted was from before those awesome job number reports.....so if that was the point you were making is it fair to say that a increase in black unemployment would have the opposite effect?

Also about those job numbers....the 13% is a lie pushed by Trump, he knows they are lower...actual unemployment is around 16-17% and the U6 number which takes into account part time and people that have given up or fallen off unemployment rolls is at 21.2%.....

Last edited:
Just pointing out that blacks have no reason to have increased support for Trump because of job numbers which you implied may be increasing black support for Trump, since ya know the poll I posted was from before those awesome job number reports.....so if that was the point you were making is it fair to say that a increase in black unemployment would have the opposite effect?

Also about those job numbers....the 13% is a lie pushed by Trump, he knows they are lower...actual unemployment is around 16-17% and the U6 number which takes into account part time and people that have given up or fallen off unemployment rolls at 21.2%.....

No, black unemployment did not suffer because of Trump. It was how the national health community advised the nation. Most people heard the national healthcare experts and mainstream media push national lock-downs. Should have been regional lock-downs. That's what attacked 30 million jobs. Secondly, African-Americans are watching Democrats yield and support anarchy while Trump is supporting order. Most of the nation wanted military and federal responses to make it stop.

He is a very uninspiring candidate. Dems in November are going to be voting against Trump vs actually supporting Biden and thinking he can help the country. He also is not hated though, unlike Hillary Clinton who was one of the most unfavorable politicians in American history.

The DNC pretty much had to rig the primary so Bernie didn’t win. Joe is the establishment choice, but we will see if he can actually inspire people to get to the polls. I don’t think he can but I think some of the issues of the last few weeks and the lefts hatred of Trump will alleviate his lack of enthusiasm.

He is a very uninspiring candidate. Dems in November are going to be voting against Trump vs actually supporting Biden and thinking he can help the country. He also is not hated though, unlike Hillary Clinton who was one of the most unfavorable politicians in American history.

The DNC pretty much had to rig the primary so Bernie didn’t win. Joe is the establishment choice, but we will see if he can actually inspire people to get to the polls. I don’t think he can but I think some of the issues of the last few weeks and the lefts hatred of Trump will alleviate his lack of enthusiasm.
I can't see Joe Biden making it through several Presidential Debates. Remember when he said, We can only reelect Donald Trump at a campaign rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back