• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t Rasmussen actually the only poll that predicted a trump win in 2020?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a couple that had him winning key states but generally most polls missed. Rasmussen had Romney winning comfortably in 2012 so they have been wrong before.

It's a start.?

That's a little bit better, but we're not quite there yet. It's the twitter account instead of linking to an actual poll on their website.

Do we have a poll from their website?
If I remember right you have to be a paying member to see all of the inner workings and methodology of the poll.

Minneapolis Votes To Disband Police Department
We are living in some sad and backward times right now. Canceling celebrations of the birth of this country but allowing for mass gatherings of protestors. Ironically enough the country was founded on principles to allow for protests. Because there are a few bad employees at Wal Mart should we shut the whole corporation down? We are seriously screwed up.

What happens if Biden wins and the same social issues still remain? How does this work? People refer to Obama as a “unifier” but that is not how I remember it. He was a professional fanner of the flames. Always took up a position against the police and imo is a big reason why those 6 Dallas police officers were assasinated in July 2016. Let’s argue
The same social issues absolutely will remain. I said it before, but nobody is interested in solving these problems. The key to wealth and power is to keep everyone distracted, confused, and going at each other. It's baffling to me how more people don't get this. I guess it's more fun to call Trump supporters idiots or Democrat party supporters loons.

Both sides have had numerous shots at fixing all of the problems I mentioned upthread, yet here we are and here we will remain. Now, back to the mud throwing.

Minneapolis Votes To Disband Police Department
They should change the headline to, Minneapolis votes to enforce anarchy. I’m stilled baffled by this whole thing, sure the officers were very wrong, but still one bad apple spoils the bunch? Not an efficient way to run the government imo.

Edit: what @Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said.

We are living in some sad and backward times right now. Canceling celebrations of the birth of this country but allowing for mass gatherings of protestors. Ironically enough the country was founded on principles to allow for protests. Because there are a few bad employees at Wal Mart should we shut the whole corporation down? We are seriously screwed up.

Are the bad employees at wal mart murdering people?

Are the bad employees at wal mart murdering people?
Do you see what goes on in Chicago every weekend? Do black lives really matter? Or do they just matter when it fits an agenda? Do we know the names of all African Americans murdered this year? Or do we just know the names of the ones that fit a certain agenda?
What the cop in Minnesota did was wrong and should be tried in a court of law. But what’s a total unjustice to the African American community is in many eyes their lives only matter when it fits an agenda or the Democrats need their vote, and that’s so sad.

The same social issues absolutely will remain. I said it before, but nobody is interested in solving these problems. The key to wealth and power is to keep everyone distracted, confused, and going at each other. It's baffling to me how more people don't get this. I guess it's more fun to call Trump supporters idiots or Democrat party supporters loons.

Both sides have had numerous shots at fixing all of the problems I mentioned upthread, yet here we are and here we will remain. Now, back to the mud throwing.
Preach, RC!

Minneapolis disbanding their police department is like there being a forest fire and destroying all necessary materials to put it out.
So what's the real motive behind disbanding police departments? It's not about social justice. It's to create instability. Who has hijacked their movement to create instability? Who's smiling now?

Do you see what goes on in Chicago every weekend? Do black lives really matter? Or do they just matter when it fits an agenda? Do we know the names of all African Americans murdered this year? Or do we just know the names of the ones that fit a certain agenda?
What the cop in Minnesota did was wrong and should be tried in a court of law. But what’s a total unjustice to the African American community is in many eyes their lives only matter when it fits an agenda or the Democrats need their vote, and that’s so sad.
It’s funny that the media doesn’t mention the people that died in the riots, some innocent bystanders and store owners.

Sorry, you'll have to find that. I trust their twitter account. It's been in the news.

Yeah but without the data I can tweet whatever ridiculous number I want too, then again I shouldnt be surprised Trump does that every day....its good to see the actual data. I cant find it on their website either which is odd.

Here is a poll from April that tells a different and frankly more likely story https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6842659-200203-NBCWSJ-April-Poll-4-19-20-Release.html

Looking inside the overall numbers, Biden's biggest advantages are with African American voters (among whom he leads Trump by 85 percent to 7 percent), Latinos (60 percent to 26 percent), voters ages 18-34 (54 percent to 31 percent), women (56 percent to 35 percent) and whites with college degrees (55 percent to 37 percent).

4e9080f466bc593c13a8b2f33abce968.jpg

Who would win the presidency in this scenario? Not a prediction just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I largely agree with you here, but police have actual authority. They should be held to a higher standard and should serve and protect equally and fairly across the board. When that system fails, it should be addressed and rectified swiftly.

I believe most cops are good and that the media does a really great job of spinning this, like so many other things. But given the gravity of the job of being a policeman, shining a strong light on policing to ensure fairness and ethical behavior is not a bad thing. In fact, it is the right thing, especially given the climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back