• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two police officers were suspended, as they should be, and the one who was using excessive force while his fellow officer tried to pull him off should be also, and without pay. Having said that, the 98% of police who do an incredible job should not be called pigs by some malcontents because they are the only thing keeping our society from descending into complete chaos
If you just walk by a unconscious bleeding, old man and don't help you are a pig. Their job is to protect and serve, who protected and served him?

99% of police officers do an amazing job and put their life on the line everyday to keep our communities safe. But sure let’s defund and eliminate the police force because of a few bad apples. Unfortunately there are going to be bad people in all professions of life. Reform is needed sure, but defunding/eliminating is completely insane thinking.

Its about appropriate force, actions have consequences, the shove the cop gave the old man was more contact than there needed to be.....pushing a old man for moving his hand around is a over reaction, in this case the over reaction could have killed this person. I guess I want the first instinct a cop has in this situation to be restraint not force.

I mean even if the old man had grabbed the officers arm its no excuse to use force like that.....

Except that a cop is carrying a weapon on his side. You just don’t reach for a cop like that. Plus, he was obviously non-compliant in the first place.

I tell ya if some of you people get y’all’s way. And police where abolished I hope you guys enjoy the purge 365 days a year. Because crime rates would sky rocket in a way hit never has before. Robbery Rape murder Drugs complete mayhem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like some of his ideas.

Id certainly think about getting behind him especially if he were to surround himself with the right people

Except that a cop is carrying a weapon on his side. You just don’t reach for a cop like that. Plus, he was obviously non-compliant in the first place.

What would happen to me and you if we pushed an old man down and he died from hitting his head?

The issue isn't the force used, it's the lack of concern for his health. How are all the cops in the video just walking by him and not help? If the police aren't going to help a bleeding elderly citizen what are they there for?

Maybe if the cops weren't armed like the military they would act less like the military. Police in England don't use guns and keep the peace just fine.

99% of police officers do an amazing job and put their life on the line everyday to keep our communities safe. But sure let’s defund and eliminate the police force because of a few bad apples. Unfortunately there are going to be bad people in all professions of life. Reform is needed sure, but defunding/eliminating is completely insane thinking.
Unfortunately the media has everyone brainwashed into thinking every cop is bad

If it was your father or grandfather lying on the ground bleeding from his unconscious head, would you care if he was compliant? Would you like seeing the cops walk by him and not lift a finger to help? The officer that pushed wasn't really in the wrong but all that did nothing after it are.

Well if he doesnt die then I am sure he has learned his lesson.....

I mean the old man was bleeding from his ears immediately due to internal bruising of his brain...is that really a appropriate use of force in your opinion? The officer did not have to go to that level that fast, even though the shove was not violent it was violent enough that it caused the old man to fall....again its about using the right judgement and knowing when to turn force on and off.....to many cops are not capable of doing that in the correct way.

Well if he doesnt die then I am sure he has learned his lesson.....

I mean the old man was bleeding from his ears immediately due to internal bruising of his brain...is that really a appropriate use of force in your opinion? The officer did not have to go to that level that fast, even though the shove was not violent it was violent enough that it caused the old man to fall....again its about using the right judgement and knowing when to turn force on and off.....to many cops are not capable of doing that in the correct way.

The shove really wasn't that hard, but the man wasn't expecting it and lost his balance and fell back hitting his head. Maybe the cop shouldn't have pushed the guy but I doubt he expected the man to fall back and hit his head like that... and the man should have also exercised some restraint and not gotten in the face of the officer like he did and backed away. The more disturbing thing was that the one police officer who was going to help him was pushed away and the others walked by, that type of behavior is unacceptable.

If it was your father or grandfather lying on the ground bleeding from his unconscious head, would you care if he was compliant? Would you like seeing the cops walk by him and not lift a finger to help? The officer that pushed wasn't really in the wrong but all that did nothing after it are.

I would be upset with my grandfather if he yelled at the police and got in their face like that man did. I would expect him to set a good example for me and his other grandchildren and not a bad one. I wouldn't be upset at what the officer did pushing him, it didn't look like there was any ill intent whatsoever it just caught the guy off guard. What would upset me is when they don't help the guy and ignore him after seeing what happened.

I think that it’s important to realize that a video clip never shows the whole story. We should keep that in mind. It looked to me as if the police were to keep moving forward and presumably someone behind them would take care of getting the man the help that he needed.

I don’t really know. But without further information I’m going to give the police the benefit of the doubt.
You just don’t reach for a cop like that. Most people realize there will be consequences. The cop doesn’t know your intent but he does know that you are already non-compliant. If he reached in the general direction of my person I’d push him away too, as is my right. Just my opinion. Not trying to be argumentative.

I would be upset with my grandfather if he yelled at the police and got in their face like that man did. I would expect him to set a good example for me and his other grandchildren and not a bad one. I wouldn't be upset at what the officer did pushing him, it didn't look like there was any ill intent whatsoever it just caught the guy off guard. What would upset me is when they don't help the guy and ignore him after seeing what happened.

Both of my grandfathers were drafted into WWII and sent to be shot at or killed. If my grandfathers stood there yelling at the cops I would think he earned that right.

Just a different set if perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back