• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point your just not getting, it DOES NOT MATTER if he did something before....hell he could have walked up and spit in their face.. the police are paid and trained to be professional and in control....these officers were neither.....they could and should have dealt with that situation with NO force....there is zero excuse for any of what they did....what you are doing is saying it was excessive force but then implying the old guy probably deserved it.....which is pretty ****ed up.

Well he should not have walked up to the officer like that. Was the officer wrong yes! But hell you can’t just give the man a free pass. If he wouldn’t Of put himself in that situation it wouldn’t have happen. Call me messed up twisted all you want but I don’t feel sorry for someone that puts himself in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I didn’t see the push as excessive but the result of the push was
2. Know your limits
3. Don’t walk towards an advancing police line acting as a provocateur especially if you’re 80
4. Never put your hands on another person especially a police officer
4. Do your part to stop the spread of Covid-19

I just feel like there are some things we can do to limit our exposure to the police and thus police brutality. That’s all. If every person used a little common sense and decency they could cut down on their cop exposure exponentially.

2. Know your limits
3. Don’t walk towards an advancing police line acting as a provocateur especially if you’re 80

I just feel like there are some things we can do to limit our exposure to the police and thus police brutality. That’s all. If every person used a little common sense and decency they could cut down on their cop exposure exponentially.

Exactly agree 100%

2. Know your limits

Common sense.

I’ll fan the flames a bit. 3 of these four men were killed by protestors this week. 1 is still in the hospital. I just want everyone to broaden their horizons. That’s all View attachment 42509
STOP LYING. They were not killed by protestors. Maybe rioters or otherwise murderers.

Well he should not have walked up to the officer like that. Was the officer wrong yes! But hell you can’t just give the man a free pass. If he wouldn’t Of put himself in that situation it wouldn’t have happen. Call me messed up twisted all you want but I don’t feel sorry for someone that puts himself in that situation.

What crime did he commit?

Fitting agendas and narratives is all anyone is focused on anymore. It’s a sad world where we can’t even speak things out because people are so committed to their “side” that they refuse to find common ground and actually come up with solutions. People will completely turn a blind eye to facts if it doesn’t add up to their pre existing agenda. This is both parties involved. There’s people in this thread coming up with some of the most asinine/insane statements just to back up something.

2. Know your limits

1. sure it was excessive there was no reason to push the old man, its about using good judgement, pushing a elderly man is poor judgement because things like that can happen......there were a lot of better ways to handle that.
2. I agree these cops did not know their limit...
3. Cops should not see a unarmed old man as a provocateur.....again goes back to judgement
4. I agree with this however watch the video the old man never touches them

The first reports from the police about the incident said the man tripped and fell, it was only after the video came out that they suspended the two officers involved....without that video this would have been swept under the rug. That's the very thing all these protest are about.

how about this one, I mean these people all need to never wear a badge again.....dude was out of control almost hit another cop who was trying to pull him off that person,

Well BLM is calling for a complete defunding of police and to use that money in communities instead

It was recently announced that the LAPD will get an immediate 100-150m cut in their budget. You’re going to see a lot of this in the future.

1. sure it was excessive there was no reason to push the old man, its about using good judgement, pushing a elderly man is poor judgement because things like that can happen......there were a lot of better ways to handle that.
3. Cops should not see a unarmed old man as a provocateur.....again goes back to judgement

The first reports from the police about the incident said the man tripped and fell, it was only after the video came out that they suspended the two officers involved....without that video this would have been swept under the rug. That's the very thing all these protest are about.

Per twitter updates two officers involved in that encounter were immediately suspended.

This is Really Sad. Im serious. I posted several months ago I would not make fun at Biden as he has full fledge dementia, having just lost my mom to altheimers.
I have no love for Biden politically. But its boderline inhumane to let someone embarass themselves the way he is. Here is the clip from the view. Hopefully this guys wife,family will step in and stop this. No shame in it.

Well BLM is calling for a complete defunding of police and to use that money in communities instead

It was recently announced that the LAPD will get an immediate 100-150m cut in their budget. You’re going to see a lot of this in the future.

Some defunding in necessary. Does the Farmville pd need a decked out militarized vehicle? The militarizing of the police has been way too explosive and expensive. Money better spent is bodycams for every officer in the country.

Some defunding in necessary. Does the Farmville pd need a decked out militarized vehicle? The militarizing of the police has been way too explosive and expensive. Money better spent is bodycams for every officer in the country.

The ultimate goal is to do away with the police entirely.

Better that than this.....I mean this is a 75 yr old man....no one should shove someone that old who is not doing anything,.....this man is now in stable but serious condition with a head injury....actions have consequences period and when the police are not capable of judging the proper amount of force there is a problem.

meh, it looks like he is pushed only after he moves his hand toward the officer. It didn’t look like much of a push to me. He looked non-compliant to me.

This is Really Sad. Im serious. I posted several months ago I would not make fun at Biden as he has full fledge dementia, having just lost my mom to altheimers.
I have no love for Biden politically. But its boderline inhumane to let someone embarass themselves the way he is. Here is the clip from the view. Hopefully this guys wife,family will step in and stop this. No shame in it.

That clip is very heavily edited and makes him look worse than he really looked. Here is the unedited version:

meh, it looks like he is pushed only after he moves his hand toward the officer. It didn’t look like much of a push to me. He looked non-compliant to me.

Imo a little common sense goes a long way. When the police are cracking down on protesters and using force to do so, common sense says it’s not a good idea to get right in the face of a PO yelling at him. The push didn’t look excessive to me but since the guy was older and probably didn’t expect it he lost his balance and fell. It doesn’t take much force to knock someone off balance when they don’t expect it, especially if they are older like this man was. A lot of these protestor/police confrontations could be deescalated if people would simply listen to what the officer asks them to do... but people don’t respect the police so they keep on disregarding them.

Now after that when the one officer tries to check on him and is pushed away and the other officers walk by him, that part is definitely wrong no doubt about it.

The most disturbing thing isn't the force used on a elderly man, it's that all the pigs kept walking and didn't help a unconscious bleeding old man. Everyone in that video should be fired. The police in this country are out of control.

The two police officers were suspended, as they should be, and the one who was using excessive force while his fellow officer tried to pull him off should be also, and without pay. Having said that, the 98% of police who do an incredible job should not be called pigs by some malcontents because they are the only thing keeping our society from descending into complete chaos

Its about appropriate force, actions have consequences, the shove the cop gave the old man was more contact than there needed to be.....pushing a old man for moving his hand around is a over reaction, in this case the over reaction could have killed this person. I guess I want the first instinct a cop has in this situation to be restraint not force.

I mean even if the old man had grabbed the officers arm its no excuse to use force like that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back