• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot off the press, this from very well respected former Defense Secretary Mattis is pretty big news and echoes exactly what I’ve repeatedly said about Trump: he tries to divide us and is in that regard way worse than any POTUS in many decades:

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people”

As I have said, Trump doesn’t seem to care for Americans in general but rather for the “red” nation of our two nations. I thought Obama was quite divisive due to (among other things) what I thought was encouragement of class warfare as well as lack of support for the police as a respected institution and not putting enough effort to try to quell riots. I never voted for him and still very much feel the same way about him. However, I think Trump is much worse!

And you know this how?
It's easy to tell by the way they live their lives... read the book yourself.. "By their fruits you will know them" Get you a Bible and read Matt 7 then turn over to Galatians 5, Then go back and read the Beatitudes at the beginning of The Sermon on the Mount. Compare those scriptures to the two men in the picture... their lives are far from the the principles taught. Anyone can see that

Those statements were before his profession, I’m sure many of us would not want judge prior to our professions either.
The profession that he made when he said he didn't have to ask God for forgiveness? Since Trump thinks he doesn't need forgiveness from God that must mean he thinks he's never sinned. Are you talking about that profession? (CNN Interview January 2016)

I can do all caps and post for Trump on FB because we say MANY of the SAME things...

He is a good man. We have done some epic snow chases together.

Yeah I helped him with that snow chase a few years back where he went up to the NY area and they got something like 40" of snow or so. One of these years I am going to try to go with him, always wanted to ride out a blizzard and see what it is like.

Yeah I helped him with that snow chase a few years back where he went up to the NY area and they got something like 40" of snow or so. One of these years I am going to try to go with him, always wanted to ride out a blizzard and see what it is like.
The man can smell the bullseye trust me.

This

This board is a chance to converse with people who likely have a different background, disposition, and beliefs than you. Use it wisely and constructively, let your guard down, accept people will disagree, listen, educate yourself. It's my hope that this board is enough of a community that we can have constructive conversation even if it is a little heated at times without at the end of the day completely devolving into madness.
I am a member of a cooking/BBQ forum that also waxes political but has no thread and one moderator. We as a group decided to do Friday night Zoom sessions with a NO POLITICS rule. We laugh, hash out issues and get to know each other. It has made the forum dialogue much more respectful.

Hot off the press, this from very well respected former Defense Secretary Mattis is pretty big news and echoes exactly what I’ve repeatedly said about Trump: he tries to divide us and is in that regard way worse than any POTUS in many decades:

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people”

As I have said, Trump doesn’t seem to care for Americans in general but rather for the “red” nation of our two nations. I thought Obama was quite divisive due to (among other things) what I thought was encouragement of class warfare as well as lack of support for the police as a respected institution and not putting enough effort to try to quell riots. I never voted for him and still very much feel the same way about him. However, I think Trump is much worse!

We see this time and time again with his behavior towards people who call him out or disagree with him. Now take those behaviors and apply it to ANY American who thinks he sucks. He couldnt care any less about those people.

He is a clear and present danger to our government and our nation through his divviseness and degradation of our constitutional and procedural norms.

Apparently it also now also racist to hold an American flag at a protest, express an opinion that saluting the flag or standing for the anthem is fine, to even think of questioning the theory of white privilege, to try to protect ones business from being destroyed, to say that all human lives matter, or to wear a red hat.

This is such complete and utter nonsense. Just goes to show that some will choose to be offended by anything and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back