• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opportunity is probably the biggest reason. Many law abiding citizens will turn a dime if you set an opportunity before them and they could get away with it.

The second reason is probably sheer emotion of the moment or heard mentality. Such as when the fans of a sports team burn their own city after winning a title.

You might be right. I feel differently. There is a reason that this hasn't happened in a long time or on this scale. Ironically last time was for the same stated reasons. hmmmm....

What do you want them to do? If 2 persons are not following directions then the cops have to take it up a notch. They don’t know if someone has a knife or guns. Does it look bad? Yes but I’m sure it’s something that’s trained to do. A better tool would be that people start following directions and stop being hard.
[/QUOTE]

And I agree they need to be paid more. It’s a dangerous job.
[/QUOTE]
It is statistically not a dangerous job. The extra pay would be for judiciously and justly exercising the authority granted to their position by the state, and holding each other accountable.

I will give you the not following direction but, the resulting action by the officers is something that happens everyday and why we are having issues. We have to give them better tools to deal with "not following directions. Most officers deal with that in a different way with better results. We need to train them better and pay them better.

Yeah, most officers do a fine job and I appreciate the very difficult job they do. It is a shame that the many "good ones" are dragged down by the many fewer "bad apples".

Have you ever seen "Live PD"? I recommend folks watch it to see how difficult a job cops have. Also, the ones I've seen on there have largely done an excellent job and they're always very careful in dealing with the public, including as calmly as possible dealing with folks as well as not using more force than needed. For the most part, these cops have been very tolerant even when it is obvious folks are lying. I think that watching shows like this will help give people a better image of the police. Of course, I realize these cops have extra pressure to be on their best behavior because they're on live TV. But that's beside the point.
[/QUOTE]
I have sir, that show models professional officers good at their job. and I agree. Also know that those officers are hand picked for those rolls because of that.

What do you want them to do? If 2 persons are not following directions then the cops have to take it up a notch. They don’t know if someone has a knife or guns. Does it look bad? Yes but I’m sure it’s something that’s trained to do. A better tool would be that people start following directions and stop being hard.

And I agree they need to be paid more. It’s a dangerous job.
[/QUOTE]
It is statistically not a dangerous job. The extra pay would be for judiciously and justly exercising the authority granted to their position by the state, and holding each other accountable.
[/QUOTE]
My son is a LEO and I guess you are right "statistically" till it goes wrong. Firefighters for the most part are paid to wash the trucks till they are asked to lay their lives on the line for our houses or businesses. Both are very dangerous when they are and that is what matters.

How about a licensing system for cops similar to nurses and doctors? If nurses or doctors screw up, are incompetent, or dangerous in any way they can have their license revoked.

So there's a photo of some cops with their hand in that weird looking okay symbol that's suppose to signify racism. In a licensed system they would be up for a review and have their licensed removed if need be. This way the bad ones cant go from one department to the next of they are fired for bad behavior?

How about a licensing system for cops similar to nurses and doctors? If nurses or doctors screw up, are incompetent, or dangerous in any way they can have their license revoked.

So there's a photo of some cops with their hand in that weird looking okay symbol that's suppose to signify racism. In a licensed system they would be up for a review and have their licensed removed if need be. This way the bad ones cant go from one department to the next of they are fired for bad behavior?

It's already in place. They have to be certified and that can be revoked. That action has to be taken though and sometimes departments hesitate to do it on separation for cause.

I have to think the unionization of police forces is part of the issue. It makes it harder to take disciplinary action since the union will generally come to the officer’s defense (which, granted, is what they’re supposed to do).

Mind you, I’m not an expert on policing, so I could be off base. I’m just spit balling...

Last edited:
This is all so depressing. We see an absolutely maniacal Police Office murder a man that was already well under control and then we see thugs and hooligans taking attention away from those that genuinely want to protest this. Then by robbing, looting assaulting business owners and shooting and assaulting Police, they invite military intervention which would tear this country wide apart. There have to be consequences for all of this, the Officer should never see the outside of a jail again (or be meted out justice once inside) and the groups like Antifa need to be acknowledged for what they are, NOTHING but anarchists and ideologues who wish to destroy the country that has produced so much good (and yes some bad) around the world ?

Im getting Taco Bell right now. That statement is blasphemous.

Hardee's and cookout have the best burgers. Sonic has the best hotdogs and burger king is better than McDs with the burgers. KFC is good as well. Bojangles has fallen from my grace as well.

All are 2nd rate. Wendy's sucks and is at the bottom of my fast food list along with taco bell.

I'd put little ceasar on the same level as pizza hut. Decent pizza at a reasonable price.
I have never cared for Wendy's. The only thing I like there is their salads and chili.

Hardee's and cookout have the best burgers. Sonic has the best hotdogs and burger is 2nd with the burgers. KFC is good as well. Bojangles has fallen from my grace as well.

Hardees has good burgers if done right, however the service is so slow it pretty much kills it. Now Sonic burgers are awesome. Wendy's is on the level of MCD or Burger King which is decent if need a quick cheap grab. Jacks also has killer burgers.

TB just tagged me for $32 bucks. The kids eat as much as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back