• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to my point that all is not well in Ga or anywhere else I will leave this here
https://abcnews.go.com/US/atlanta-police-officers-charged-forceful-arrests-college-students/story?id=71023836

excessive force but you also had 2 persons not following directions from multiple police officers. I guess the bright side it wasn’t all white cops.
[/QUOTE]
I will give you the not following direction but, the resulting action by the officers is something that happens everyday and why we are having issues. We have to give them better tools to deal with "not following directions. Most officers deal with that in a different way with better results. We need to train them better and pay them better.

excessive force but you also had 2 persons not following directions from multiple police officers. I guess the bright side it wasn’t all white cops.
I will give you the not following direction but, the resulting action by the officers is something that happens everyday and why we are having issues. We have to give them better tools to deal with "not following directions. Most officers deal with that in a different way with better results. We need to train them better and pay them better.
[/QUOTE]
What do you want them to do? If 2 persons are not following directions then the cops have to take it up a notch. They don’t know if someone has a knife or guns. Does it look bad? Yes but I’m sure it’s something that’s trained to do. A better tool would be that people start following directions and stop being hard.

[/QUOTE]
What do you suggest?

[/QUOTE]
What do you want them to do? If 2 persons are not following directions then the cops have to take it up a notch. They don’t know if someone has a knife or guns. Does it look bad? Yes but I’m sure it’s something that’s trained to do. A better tool would be that people start following directions and stop being hard.
[/QUOTE]

And I agree they need to be paid more. It’s a dangerous job.

I feel that most people agree the riots need to stop as much as police abusing their power needs to end. The riots will end eventually but the question is will anything change with holding police accountable? It's ironic that the people who scream about a civil war and a rebellion if they take their guns are shocked by the actions of others who are having their rights taken.

- There are problems with our law enforcement system and BIG problems with our justice system in this country
- Too many people of color are getting mistreated (without cause) by police in this country
- Too many whites are getting mistreated (without cause) by police in this country
- about 95% of the cops in this country are probably hard working, respectful people who really serve and protect
- the other 5% are sorry excuses for Americans
- Many blacks and browns feel victimized in the US
- many blacks and browns don't feel victimized in the US
- some blacks and brown ARE victims in the US
- many blacks and browns in the US have been conditioned by politics and the media to SEE themselves as victims, dis-empowering them
- Some whites are racist, many are not
- Some blacks and browns are racist, many are not
- the media makes a MESS of things
- protesting is American and a good thing
- Rioting, looting, burning, beating people up, attacking people, and destroying property is deplorable. Those engaging need to be held responsible
- Those engaging are not protesters
- Our country was founded with a lot of injustice
- None of us alive today were involved with those founding injustices
- White men took land from Natives and brought over slaves long ago and that was not right
- Not everything today is the white man's fault, nor can he atone for all past sins
- We are responsible for ourselves and how we treat others
- We are all created equal (However you believe that happened) and should act that way
- We are all Americans and should act that way

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most officers do a fine job and I appreciate the very difficult job they do. It is a shame that the many "good ones" are dragged down by the many fewer "bad apples".

Have you ever seen "Live PD"? I recommend folks watch it to see how difficult a job cops have. Also, the ones I've seen on there have largely done an excellent job and they're always very careful in dealing with the public, including as calmly as possible dealing with folks as well as not using more force than needed. For the most part, these cops have been very tolerant even when it is obvious folks are lying. I think that watching shows like this will help give people a better image of the police. Of course, I realize these cops have extra pressure to be on their best behavior because they're on live TV. But that's beside the point.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Well, they are not getting paid at all now and will not work as LEO's anymore. Certifications will be pulled and no one will touch them.
What do I want them to do? Nothing, I want them trained to handle situations better psychologically. Both with themselves and the people they interact with. Allowing your emotions to get the best of you in a tense situation is bad for everybody. That can be trained for better results. As far as following directions, good luck with that. People are going to be people.

You guys are missing the point. None of the looting or violence is justified but you have to take a look at what drove these people to go into the streets to perpetrate these acts. They are not oblivious to the fact that these acts will likely cause personal loss, yet they choose to continue. Sure you can beat them, arrest them and much worse but there are a lot of them. Everytime a protester is forcefully removed it gives the movement more traction. This is happening for a reason and not because someone wants a free TV. How about we figure out why and just address that.

What happens if cause of the looting is greed and the burning of businesses is because they want to?

What do you suggest?
[/QUOTE]

As I stated above, Train them to better handle the stresses of the job and the people. Lastly, we are asking them to lay down their lives for us everyday. What's that protection worth to us in this day and time?

[/QUOTE]
Well, they are not getting paid at all now and will not work as LEO's anymore. Certifications will be pulled and no one will touch them.
What do I want them to do? Nothing, I want them trained to handle situations better psychologically. Both with themselves and the people they interact with. Allowing your emotions to get the best of you in a tense situation is bad for everybody. That can be trained for better results. As far as following directions, good luck with that. People are going to be people.
[/QUOTE]
ONE OF THE PROBLEMS, is that it is people dealing with people. People are not perfect and some are evil. Therefore, we will still have issues long after we are dead, unfortunately. Hopefully, the police will take more caution with dealing with others for now on. But, the rioting has to be stopped ASAP

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Well people are going to get tased and forcefully removed from the vehicle. Normal people follow directions from officers and don’t try to be difficult and when you do you get what you deserve. Cops don’t want to do that and they asked multiple time and always do when I have seen videos like that. I guess I was raised differently.

1. Why are you lumping together protests and riots? They are not even in the same ballpark. Riots are a nonstarter as far as most law abiding citizens are concerned.
2. Where does the concern about social distancing to limit the spread of COVID fit into all of this?
3. Don Lemon on CNN is a joke. He was practically giving the ok for rioting last night because some folks are "frustrated"
I missed you, you may not have missed me man but I missed you! :D

What happens if cause of the looting is greed and the burning of businesses is because they want to?

In some instances I'm sure it is, but that happens everyday and we punish that. This is different. You have a lot of normally law abiding people involved in these acts. Why all of the sudden did they get involved in this mess?

Ok, so which group are we trying to figure out? We have Antifa, BLM, non-affiliated non-whites, whites, and others. Why are they doing riots and looting?

What is the purpose of protesting? What do they want to achieve?
Police reforms. Police should be held accountable for their crimes like normal citizens. They should have no extra protection for violence under the law. They should not be able to investigate themselves.

In some instances I'm sure it is, but that happens everyday and we punish that. This is different. You have a lot of normally law abiding people involved in these acts. Why all of the sudden did they get involved in this mess?

Opportunity is probably the biggest reason. Many law abiding citizens will turn a dime if you set an opportunity before them and they could get away with it.

The second reason is probably sheer emotion of the moment or heard mentality. Such as when the fans of a sports team burn their own city after winning a title.

Opportunity is probably the biggest reason. Many law abiding citizens will turn a dime if you set an opportunity before them and they could get away with it.

The second reason is probably sheer emotion of the moment or heard mentality. Such as when the fans of a sports team burn their own city after winning a title.
Yeah, all it takes are a few instigators for chaos to break loose, since there’s always going to be some opportunists in a crowd of significant size.

[/QUOTE]
Well people are going to get tased and forcefully removed from the vehicle. Normal people follow directions from officers and don’t try to be difficult and when you do you get what you deserve. Cops don’t want to do that and they asked multiple time and always do when I have seen videos like that. I guess I was raised differently.
[/QUOTE]
Not really sure what normal is anymore. I was raised that way too and will always comply. Lot's of folks weren't and we can't lock them all up or beat them into submission. I know we can not continue down this path. There are those that are very happy with the discourse that is America right now and are hoping it gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back