• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not lumping together protests and riots. Are you?
I have plenty of concern for social distancing. Do you?
No one is supporting what he said.
You guys go make up and knock down strawmen somewhere else.

1. You said, "So you just do not acknowledge the problems that are the cause of the protests and riots." This made it seem to me like you were lumping them together/putting them together on the same playing field. My apologies if you didn't mean it that way.

2. Yes, I do. My concern about COVID hasn't suddenly dropped like it has for many on the far left.

3. Unfortunately, I'm sure many on the far left are supporting Lemon on the riots even if they won't admit it. You didn't say anything about him but I thought it was important to mention his insanity in being OK with riots since I'm discussing and am disgusted with the riots..

4. Who are you referring to by saying "you guys"? If you think I'm on the far right, you're mistaken. I'm a right of center moderate/independent who is not a Trump supporter.

You guys are missing the point. None of the looting or violence is justified but you have to take a look at what drove these people to go into the streets to perpetrate these acts. They are not oblivious to the fact that these acts will likely cause personal loss, yet they choose to continue. Sure you can beat them, arrest them and much worse but there are a lot of them. Everytime a protester is forcefully removed it gives the movement more traction. This is happening for a reason and not because someone wants a free TV. How about we figure out why and just address that.

Last edited:
You guys are missing the point. None of the looting or violence is justified but you have to take a look at what drove these people to go into the streets to perpetrate these acts. They are not oblivious to the fact that these acts will likely cause personal loss, yet they choose to continue. Sure you can beat them, arrest them and much worse but there are a lot of them. Everytime a protester is forcefully removed it gives the movement more traction. How about we figure out why and just address that. This is happening for a reason and not because someone wants a free TV.

There is also the issue of leaders doing a better job of minimizing their frequency before the damage to businesses, many of which are black owned and/or employ black folks, is done. The message that looting/rioting won't be tolerated needs to be firm and be dealt with proactively like it was done very well here in Savannah. Our mayor, who is black and is a Democrat, got on TV on Saturday and said he had gotten hints that rioters were coming to town the next day. He said Savannah wouldn't tolerate that mess and he also got the backing of Gov Kemp through added National Guard troops. On Sunday, all there was was a very peaceful march. That's how leaders should deal with this. Contrast that to other cities.

Last edited:
There is also the issue of leaders doing a better job of minimizing their frequency before the damage to businesses, which of which are black owned and/or employ black folks, is done. The message that looting/rioting won't be tolerated needs to be firm and be dealt with proactively like it was done very well here in Savannah. Our mayor, who is black and is a Democrat, got on TV on Saturday and said he had gotten hints that rioters were coming to town the next day. He said Savannah wouldn't tolerate that mess and he also got the backing of Gov Kemp through added National Guard troops. On Sunday, all there was was a very peaceful march. That's how leaders should deal with this. Contrast that to other cities.

That's great Larry, and awesome for Savannah. Problem is all of our leadership teams are not that savvy and more often than not fighting each other publicly. As I said, you can drive it underground but it will continue. The national problem has come to a head and it is time for us all to be better and address it on a national scale.

That's great Larry, and awesome for Savannah. Problem is all of our leadership teams are not that savvy and more often than not fighting each other publicly. As I said, you can drive it underground but it will continue. The national problem has come to a head and it is time for us all to be better and address it on a national scale.
To add to my point that all is not well in Ga or anywhere else I will leave this here
https://abcnews.go.com/US/atlanta-police-officers-charged-forceful-arrests-college-students/story?id=71023836

You guys are missing the point. None of the looting or violence is justified but you have to take a look at what drove these people to go into the streets to perpetrate these acts. They are not oblivious to the fact that these acts will likely cause personal loss, yet they choose to continue. Sure you can beat them, arrest them and much worse but there are a lot of them. Everytime a protester is forcefully removed it gives the movement more traction. This is happening for a reason and not because someone wants a free TV. How about we figure out why and just address that.
Ok, so which group are we trying to figure out? We have Antifa, BLM, non-affiliated non-whites, whites, and others. Why are they doing riots and looting?

What is the purpose of protesting? What do they want to achieve?

Ok, so which group are we trying to figure out? We have Antifa, BLM, non-affiliated non-whites, whites, and others. Why are they doing riots and looting?

What is the purpose of protesting? What do they want to achieve?
That's what we need to figure out. If you don't like the way things are going, either whine or figure out how to change it. I think it's time we quit whining and figure it out.

No knock means they kick the door in with no warning. The charges against the man in Louisville whose girlfriend was shot 8 times were dropped as it was ruled he acted in self defense. He shot an officer when they kicked the door in. Super James ninjaed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back