• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I’ve thought about since the protest and riots have started is taking a look in the mirror a bit. I live in middle GA Macon’s just to my south and we mostly go there to shop and all that. When you go there since the crime is so high you are always on high alert. I’ve wondered if this is would be considered racist because I’m stereotyping everyone I see in the neighborhood or just being smart because ik it’s high crime areas. One of my dads friends has section 8 houses and I’ve always been interested in rentals and I’ve met most of the people he rents to and their just like me or anyone else down to earth people. My goal has and always has been to not look at others by their color or ethnicity but as Americans because we’re all Americans first. That doesn’t mean I haven’t stereotyped someone and possibly been prejudice against someone most people probably have no matter the color of your scene you’ve most likely judged someone without ever even knowing them. What aggravated me is the people on social media acting like social justice warriors but the second they have a black man walk past their house they call the cops or think he’s stealing but the second u call em out for it they tell u your wrong and racist. We’ve got a lot of problems to fix all around in this country. Rant over for awhile ?

Lights turned off at WH, Trump in his bunker, some structure possibly the security gatehouse at WH entry on fire.....pretty much sums up Trump and his response or lack of response to this crisis.....any normal president would have done a Oval Office address to try and stop the violence and at least speak to the issue and let everyone know something was happening.....maybe declare a national level team dedicated to police reform or something...hell anything be a leader but Trump isn't capable.....

So entire country is on fire and its trumps fault ? Its easy when you got somebody to blame . Really relieves you. Crashed your car ? No problem its trumps fault! Your stomach hurts? Trumps fault again? Uh oh? Did you fall down the stairs ? Well thats trumps fault top! Get your “ Its trumps fault “ pass today and you can be stress free too!

So entire country is on fire and its trumps fault ? Its easy when you got somebody to blame . Really relieves you. Crashed your car ? No problem its trumps fault! Your stomach hurts? Trumps fault again? Uh oh? Did you fall down the stairs ? Well thats trumps fault top! Get your “ Its trumps fault “ pass today and you can be stress free too!

The point of my post is Trump is cowering in his bunker ( which is a huge exaggeration of the actual danger he is in ) and doing nothing but fanning the flames with tweets instead of trying to put them out.

Then of course there are all these gems from Trump tweeting about Obama and the Ferguson riots.....https://www.newsweek.com/trump-blamed-weak-leadership-washington-ferguson-riots-1507312

"Our country is totally fractured and, with our weak leadership in Washington, you can expect Ferguson type riots and looting in other places," Trump tweeted on November 25, 2014.

As China and the rest of the World continue to rip off the U.S. economically, they laugh at us and our president over the riots in Ferguson!" Trump said.

He also tweeted: "Can you imagine what Putin and all of our friends and enemies throughout the world are saying about the U.S. as they watch the Ferguson riot?"

You do realize that the Police were completely exonerated by actual black witnesses in Ferguson right? Heck, the whole world was laughing at us for our rush to judgement, or at least by some

"entire country is on fire" exaggerate much? lol

You do realize that the Police were completely exonerated by actual black witnesses in Ferguson right? Heck, the whole world was laughing at us for our rush to judgement, or at least by some

I 100% agree the Ferguson shooting was justified on all levels....however what does that have to do with what Trump tweeted about those riots and what is happening now and the obvious hypocrisy of those tweets.

Last night on WRAL these girls wanted to talk to the reporter. The first girl outright admitted to being on a multi city riot tour. Said she isnt from Raleigh. Then the 2nd girl spoke and was mad that the media doesnt want to talk about what happened to Floyd but just want to make the rioters out to be violent and stereotype them. The reporter was just sort of dumbfounded.

This post is the definition of not being able to have an honest argument. Instead of actually addressing what he was talking about you bring up an unrelated point that no one else was talking about and try to make a strawman out of it.
It is difficult to imagine a worse or weaker response to the challenges our nation is facing right now that the (non) response by Trump.
The rioting in Birmingham got ugly last night. But we can not let that distract us from needed policing reforms. The fact that rioting exists does not mean police reforms aren't needed.

I need him man! Phil too, and metwannabe! I love metwannabe man he is basically my neighbor.
Some people are tired of this thread to be fair. Especially after the direction it took recently. That might be the case with them and I wouldn't blame them for not posting in this thread.

So heres a look at what the injustices can look like. Anyone familiar with North Hills in the Raleigh knows it is a fairly new very upscale area. Its home to many stores and apartments and we go there to eat at Chueys when we are in Raleigh. They saw some broken windows and vandalism and they deploy the national guard to the rich upscale area. Got to protect the money and the rich.

Some people are tired of this thread to be fair. Especially after the direction it took recently. That might be the case with them and I wouldn't blame them for not posting in this thread.
This. Thread is a toxic cesspool, I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to post in it. Most don’t need more negativity in an already terrible year.

So heres a look at what the injustices can look like. Anyone familiar with North Hills in the Raleigh knows it is a fairly new very upscale area. Its home to many stores and apartments and we go there to eat at Chueys when we are in Raleigh. They saw some broken windows and vandalism and they deploy the national guard to the rich upscale area. Got to protect the money and the rich.

Seems like there is a clear threat2AF0DE24-F861-46AA-AEA9-07854DDC7533.jpeg

This thread is not a toxic cesspool. It has its confrontational moments but compared to others I've seen this is like a day at the park.
Just because you visit other threads that are more toxic doesn’t make this one any less so. The material posted in this thread is toxic in nature, so it is toxic by default.

I'm not following your point here. Were there other lower income areas where rioting and looting and destruction were happening in Raleigh where the national guard was not deployed? They just sort of let that happen?

Edit to say that I may have missed some earlier crucial context upthread. I didn't go back and read very much because, frankly, I'm tired of all of this and it's hard to keep from getting aggravated when there is so much irrationality floating around...not just here but it seems like everywhere.

And don't get me wrong....if a white, upscale area is worthy of national guard protection, then so is anywhere else. Period. I'm just wondering if there is blatant favoritism going on around here.

No sign of antifa in my hood last night--but the movement to a place such as North Hills and Triangle Town Center would fit their ideology--and the above tweet-- perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back