• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the Black lives matter movement is they promote violence and rioting. So I have no sympathy for the black lives matter crap. Now, if we want to discuss do black people get treated fairly I feel like that’s a fair conversation.
This is utterly false. That some co-opt it for their own bad purposes doesn't mean that actual organized groups are promoting violence and rioting.

Your’re implying I’m a “Straw Man”.. What happened to Liberal tolerance? I disagree simple as that. Not gonna waste time Parsing and dissecting one simple article.
Not a cop out, but I may not be able to reply for a while. Work.. ugghh

Not that you are a strawman but rather your using one by asking me if I support the notion that all lives matter.....also not a liberal.....again I am probably more truly conservative than most on this board.....in the classical sense anyways. I suppose I have a pretty big libertarian streak as well....

1. The country for the most part isn't still locked down. It is carefully opening back up, which is what needs to happen.

2. But some of us want this to be done carefully like is occurring now in most cases. There needs to be some balance, as Trump/White House Task Force guidelines recommend.

3. Those of us who want this to be carefully done due to worry about the disease aren't just thinking about our own health. In many cases, including myself, we're thinking much more about loved ones who are at much higher risk than ourselves. Or if we get sick, what about the loved ones whom we're taking care of? So, it isn't right to portray those of us concerned about safety from the disease as selfish.

4. Why has this become so overpoliticized and why so black and white?

5. Business closings, bans on gatherings, fines for violating guidelines, and social distancing are nothing new. They were widespread in the 1918-19 flu epidemic.

6. Talking about selfishness, many people here openly enjoy and in some cases root for severe wx, hurricanes, and other dangerous wx (and some will lie and deny it), which helps nobody and is instead dangerous to loved ones. That's true selfishness. So, don't tell us folks who are concerned about safety from this disease that we're selfish. Look in the mirror, you people who love and root for dangerous wx. Those who love it will not stop loving it. But at least they can stop being hypocrites and stop complaining about selfishness of those concerned about this disease.
Where has @GaWx been?

I honestly think black people in general are more prone to be violent than white people. Poor white people are not as violent as most poor black people, generally speaking. Look how poor many of the appalachian communities are where there are a lot of poor, white people. You don't hear about a ton of murders in those areas.
Think that might also be correlated with urban vs rural living settings. Would be interesting to see crime rates among impoverished rural blacks and whites across the deep south/ eastern nc ( might as well be the deep south).

Think that might also be correlated with urban vs rural living settings. Would be interesting to see crime rates among impoverished rural blacks and whites across the deep south/ eastern nc ( might as well be the deep south).
Yeah prob less in rural spots 10 fold by both groups.

Raleighs mayor is a spineless butt. Announced curfew tonight... for tomorrow night not tonight. A little too late mayor... your city is burning.

Lights turned off at WH, Trump in his bunker, some structure possibly the security gatehouse at WH entry on fire.....pretty much sums up Trump and his response or lack of response to this crisis.....any normal president would have done a Oval Office address to try and stop the violence and at least speak to the issue and let everyone know something was happening.....maybe declare a national level team dedicated to police reform or something...hell anything be a leader but Trump isn't capable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back