• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again the president’s lack of leadership reminds us that there is more to presidential leadership than policy.

People are looting/rioting in the streets all over the nation and the president holds a press conference about WHO and tweets about reelection.

Like Nero supposedly did, it’s as if Trump is playing his fiddle as the country burns.
The president had nothing to do with this!!! Why, why, why, must everything be Trumps fault. Give me a break.....It is the outlandish acts of a troubled society. People need to get back to work and have a normal life again.

We also need civilian oversight and investigation of police misconduct. They should also be held to higher standards of conduct like the military, rather than lower standards of conduct.
Yeah I agree.

There's a lot of discussion on why it took 4 days to arrest this officer. If anybody else had been caught on tape (like this) they would have been arrested immediately. This is situation is pretty clear cut. (but)On the other hand, there are some situations where law enforcement does need a little buffer. That would include claims of "heavy handedness". People need to be able to make claims and they need to be taken seriously (maybe your civilian oversight..); but the police can't be immediately arrested with a claim. I could see a situation where every (real) criminal claims he'd been abused.

You're seeing how a little spark can ignite the whole country. Right now America is on edge. People want to get back to normal and if they don't, you will see more of this type of behavior. Everyone was right when they screamed open the country back up or big problems will arise.

This has jack squat to do with a shutdown. A man was choked to death by the cops and that's what ignited the spark.

The president had nothing to do with this!!! Why, why, why, must everything be Trumps fault. Give me a break.....It is the outlandish acts of a troubled society. People need to get back to work and have a normal life again.

Presidents CAN come out and try to heal and unite a country......trump doesnt and is incapable of doing such.

How could you even suggest that the easy solution is to send the military in to shoot citizens??? Who says things like this???

These are dangerous ruthless monsters looting buildings catching them on fire. And Endangering the innocent civilians that are doing nothing wrong but trying to live normal lives. If this don’t stop sending the military in to open fire is absolutely the correct answer to potentially protect the innocent children and other civilians that are doing nothing wrong just trying to live there lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Jesus said, you do not have eyes to see, apparently. The president needs to lead. That is part of the job. You are the king of straw men--you always avoid the valid point that is being made.

Trump has declared it make America great again night at the White House! Maybe this group of people will show the others what a peaceful protest looks like

As Jesus said, you do not have eyes to see, apparently. The president needs to lead. That is part of the job. You are the king of straw men--you always avoid the valid point that is being made.

When the president does lead. and these ruthless monsters thats looting catching buildings on fire and damaging police stations and cars. When these ruthless monsters get hurt or even killed. You will be complaining that the president handled it wrong and that he caused more violence. People like you will complain no matter what Trump does

But but but what about the deaths that will cause? Suicides starvation all the crap you have spouted off about reopening the economy or millions will suffer and die.

Pick a stance and stand with it.
Deaths it will cause. That’s on them for destroying it. This was not because of some unfortunate circumstances. They deliberately destroyed so it’s what happens when someone acts like idiots. If someone has a garden that is their only food and they get mad and destroy it. Then it’s on them. The people and leaders in that state and communities should have stood up and said this is not happening. I pick my stance. It’s very clear.

How do you leap from doing nothing all the way to lethal force? That might be just a tad ridiculous.
Deploy the national guard. If they continue to riot then do what is needed. What would be better is if every business had armed guards and if people came to destroy it then use lethal force if necessary. Just like someone’s house. You try and break in and destroy it. Chances are you will get shot. Like I said we have a lot of garbage in America that needs cleaned out.

These are dangerous ruthless monsters looting buildings catching them on fire. And Endangering the innocent civilians that are doing nothing wrong but trying to live normal lives. If this don’t stop sending the military in to open fire is absolutely the correct answer to potentially protect the innocent children and other civilians that are doing nothing wrong just trying to live there lives.

More true colors shining bright.

When the president does lead. and these ruthless monsters thats looting catching buildings on fire and damaging police stations and cars. When these ruthless monsters get hurt or even killed. You will be complaining that the president handled it wrong and that he caused more violence. People like you will complain no matter what Trump does

This is untrue. That’s not who I am. You are missing the point.There’s more to leadership than policy decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
More true colors shining bright.

If my true colors Is keeping the innocent children and other innocent citizens safe from danger. Then I’m proud of my True colors. I’m a father of 3 amazing little boys if I lived in Minneapolis right now I would not feel my wife and my little boys are safe. And that is sad

Deploy the national guard. If they continue to riot then do what is needed. What would be better is if every business had armed guards and if people came to destroy it then use lethal force if necessary. Just like someone’s house. You try and break in and destroy it. Chances are you will get shot. Like I said we have a lot of garbage in America that needs cleaned out.
You don't bring in the military to shoot citizens. You use lethal force as a very last resort in self-defense. There are many other very effective options available within the incredibly wide gap between doing nothing and killing someone. Come on.

If my true colors Is keeping the innocent children and other innocent citizens safe from danger. Then I’m proud of my True colors. I’m a father of 3 amazing little boys if I lived in Minneapolis right now I would not feel my wife and my little boys are safe. And that is sad

No those arent then colors i speak of.

I just don’t understand these mayors and governors of these cities and states not bringing in national guard. They have the authority to do so. What weak leaders they are. Also these leaders will arrest people for not social distancing and being out and about but it’s ok now there is no social distancing and no face mask and rioting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back