• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Governors and Mayors to use lethal force if need to. We the innocent law abiding citizens should not have to pay for this garbage that don’t work and live off the backs of tax payers.
How do you leap from doing nothing all the way to lethal force? That might be just a tad ridiculous.

So now we know one of the officers questioned the technique while it was happening and was overruled by Chauvin. We know now that one officer checked for a pulse and didnt find one and Chauvin continued with his knee on the throat until an ambulance arrived.

Underlying conditions, drugs in his system.....none of that matters. He died because a knee to the throat and REFUSAL of Chauvin to end the technique and render life saying aid.

I would not rebuild one store one house if I was these businesses. I would tell them welcome to the world of homelessness and poverty and no jobs. They want to act like they live in a jungle then let them live in a jungle. One step further. Don’t rebuild the police precinct. Put barriers around that area and say there is no law. Let them purge one another.

Dude you’re a racist. You’re talking about black people and living in a jungle. Let them purge one another?

You’re sick. I’m tired of seeing your conspiracy-laden, and now racist crap on this board.

This is absurd to read. I’d hate to live in your head for one second and I pray you educate yourself one day.

Dude you’re a racist. You’re talking about black people and living in a jungle. Let them purge one another?

You’re sick. I’m tired of seeing your conspiracy-laden, and now racist crap on this board.

This is absurd to read. I’d hate to live in your head for one second and I pray you educate yourself one day.

I agree purging on one another is sick. But I also agree I would not rebuild at least not right away. The bad guys need to be brought to justice before rebuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you said it because it's obvious to anyone with a brain it's not a accident he used jungle.

I'm glad you said it because it's obvious to anyone with a brain it's not a accident he used jungle.

Yeah I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt to him on a lot of stuff. The open up and let the old people take their chances, now this. Indont believe one word he says when he says he cares about death of old people or any of that. His posts over time spell it out pretty clear.

The easy way to deal with all this. Is to simply send the military in there to start shooting. But is it the correct way? That I don’t know there’s so many pros and cons to it. But the us military could go in and end the looting the fires and the violence in probably one night. Once the military started shooting do you honestly think there shoot back at the military or stop? I think they all stop they don’t want to die. And personally I’d hate to see them die but when there putting innocent lives in danger. Those innocent people should be protected. Even if unfortunately a few bad guys had to go down.

I'm not sure what to think about the situation. I have two thoughts; 1) Law enforcement needs to be reformed (or continue to be). More training is needed and there needs to be mental reviews for cops (through out their service). Not everybody is cut out to handle stressful situations. I believe there could be many non-racist cops that just resort to brutal force when things go south. 2) I think things are actually getting better on how law enforcement deals with minority communities. There is much more video capability today then in years past. Can you imagine what would have been seen from the 1960s. There are over 800,000 law enforcement officers in this country. Statistically there are going to be bad apples with these numbers. It's important to look at the data from years past and determine if police reforms are working; which I think they are. Also a grim reality, with the number of law enforcement these types of occurrences will never go away. In 25 years we'll be dealing with another situation; but hopefully we can look at the data to see if this is an outlier. The overall hope (at least for myself) is that we get to a point (with police reform) that each occurrence can be dealt with individually to deal with the bad apples.

The easy way to deal with all this. Is to simply send the military in there to start shooting. But is it the correct way? That I don’t know there’s so many pros and cons to it. But the us military could go in and end the looting the fires and the violence in probably one night. Once the military started shooting do you honestly think there shoot back at the military or stop? I think they all stop they don’t want to die. And personally I’d hate to see them die but when there putting innocent lives in danger. Those innocent people should be protected. Even if unfortunately a few bad guys had to go down.

It's illegal for the military to get involved.

If only we had someone to protect and serve George

In the case of Minneapolis, they need to call marshal law and close the center of the city down for a couple of days. This takes away from the peaceful protesters, but it now has to be done to stop the violence. They have to do this during the day before a lot of the "bad folks" come in.

It's illegal for the military to get involved.

If only we had someone to protect and serve George

Actually they changed Posse Comitatus a bit in 2007 and the President could order troops in, but if they started shooting looters they would be criminally liable I imagine as that is a massive excessive force issue.

(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to–(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that–(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

I'm not sure what to think about the situation. I have two thoughts; 1) Law enforcement needs to be reformed (or continue to be). More training is needed and there needs to be mental reviews for cops (through out their service). Not everybody is cut out to handle stressful situations. I believe there could be many non-racist cops that just resort to brutal force when things go south. 2) I think things are actually getting better on how law enforcement deals with minority communities. There is much more video capability today then in years past. Can you imagine what would have been seen from the 1960s. There are over 800,000 law enforcement officers in this country. Statistically there are going to be bad apples with these numbers. It's important to look at the data from years past and determine if police reforms are working; which I think they are. Also a grim reality, with the number of law enforcement these types of occurrences will never go away. In 25 years we'll be dealing with another situation; but hopefully we can look at the data to see if this is an outlier. The overall hope (at least for myself) is that we get to a point (with police reform) that each occurrence can be dealt with individually to deal with the bad apples.
We also need civilian oversight and investigation of police misconduct. They should also be held to higher standards of conduct like the military, rather than lower standards of conduct.

How could you even suggest that the easy solution is to send the military in to shoot citizens??? Who says things like this???

The criminal complaint derived from the body cameras seals the deal on this murder.

So, is this manslaughter or 3rd degree murder?
"The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd’s autopsy on May 26, 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

So, is this manslaughter or 3rd degree murder?
"The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (ME) conducted Mr. Floyd’s autopsy on May 26, 2020. The full report of the ME is pending but the ME has made the following preliminary findings. The autopsy revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation. Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

Negligent homicide and some degree of murder I just am not versed on the scale of criminal charges.

He was responsible for a death through negligent and known dangerous measures. One officer expressed concern and another declared he found no pulse and Chauvin STILL did not render life saving aid but instead kept the pressure on his neck.

This is all on video. This former cop is going to jail.

Thankfully we have widespread use of bodycams nowadays. Just 5 years ago this would have been brushed under and nothing would have happened to the murdering pos cop.

But but but what about the deaths that will cause? Suicides starvation all the crap you have spouted off about reopening the economy or millions will suffer and die.

Pick a stance and stand with it.
You're seeing how a little spark can ignite the whole country. Right now America is on edge. People want to get back to normal and if they don't, you will see more of this type of behavior. Everyone was right when they screamed open the country back up or big problems will arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back