• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see public opinion turning on him eventually as the lockdown drags on while our southern/western neighbors opened up long ago, but he has generally polled pretty well with his COVID-19 response thus far. I do think bars and gyms not opening up was a bit of a shock to people, though, so that could start a negative reaction that could build as it drags on.
The bar thing is only a shock to people that thought it meant bars that serve food too. There aren't that many strictly bar only joints.

The bar thing is only a shock to people that thought it meant bars that serve food too. There aren't that many strictly bar only joints.
Yeah, so I’m wondering...I assume that means a place like Watts & Ward can’t open, for example. But how does this apply to bars that serve food (which most of them do)? Would these be allowed to open? I don’t fully understand it.

There is no saving Gov Cooper. With that decision, it was like he wanted to get out of office. I’m anxious for future polls I think he will be one of the most hated governors in quiet some time.
I respect his decision to put the safety of the people in NC over the economy. Too bad weak minded Republican governors care more about the $$ than they do about their own citizens.

Yeah, so I’m wondering...I assume that means a place like Watts & Ward can’t open, for example. But how does this apply to bars that serve food (which most of them do)? Would these be allowed to open? I don’t fully understand it.

Yes they will be allowed to open if they serve food and adhere to the guidelines of 50% capacity and 6 ft distance between bar seats and tables.

Yes they will be allowed to open if they serve food and adhere to the guidelines of 50% capacity and 6 ft distance between bar seats and tables.

Sup dogs, voted Americas number 1 college bar is reopening. They have a tent in their parking lot to adhere to social distancing.

It’s in the Hero Bill that Pelosi and the liberals put together. All illegals would also would become legal. They would be here to stay. They want open borders. Also they are presenting a universal income also. You agree with that?
Has the Democratic party lost it's mind??? What in Heaven's name is she trying to do to our country???

Read the bill. $1200 for everyone. Even illegals. They will get amnesty also.

Saw zero on amnesty sonyou will have to provide proof of that. It does allow 16.4 billion to illegal immigrants who have been paying taxes. That I dont have too much problem with as long as it strictly goes to immigrants who have paid their share same as me and you.

The 3 trillion total bill is far more serious and concerning and makes that 16 billion nothing more than a right wing talking point.

Saw zero on amnesty sonyou will have to provide proof of that. It does allow 16.4 billion to illegal immigrants who have been paying taxes. That I dont have too much problem with as long as it strictly goes to immigrants who have paid their share same as me and you.

The 3 trillion total bill is far more serious and concerning and makes that 16 billion nothing more than a right wing talking point.
I'm assuming the immigrants were legal and then let their status lapse. Maybe they were paying taxes while they had proper documentation, but as soon as they became illegal by remaining in the U.S. without authorization, they should forfeit any aid from U.S. taxpayers. They can take the proper steps to apply for citizenship, and once obtained, be eligible again, in my opinion.

I don't understand the controversy around illegal immigration. You either come here through the proper legal channels, (I welcome all who want to enter the U.S. legally) or you immediately start ignoring this country's laws to take advantage of those who chose to follow them. Illegal immigrants are criminals.

Interesting, thanks. So that’s really most bars, then. I’m not sure why there’s even a distinction between bars and restaurants in that case. I get keeping dance clubs and stuff like that closed.

EDIT: Well, it looks like Durham is keeping restaurants shut down until June 1st, anyways, so it’s a moot point IMBY.

Here’s an article that summarizes a few of the many issues with it.

This guy was arrested today so it is being reported. If I was family of the man he beat. He would never be able to use his hands again. It’s time for criminals to pay the price. Eye for and eye. Take someone’s life without a doubt then their life should be taken. Apparently he has been making videos for months of him beating elders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back