• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a tad misleading both Bush and Obama had much higher than 49% at points during their first terms, Trump has never been above 49%, in fact his average approval has never been over 47%..... also this is just a single poll if you average all of them then Trump is at 44-46%.....

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/ .....they compare Trump to other presidents day for day if you scroll down.....

The headline is misleading but the article mentions he is higher in approval by that poll than 4 of the last 6 presidents “at this point in their term.” I’m not one to read into polling data though but it is interesting that his Gallup polling has reached this level.

The survival rates in the table you posted is way off. As of tonight the US has had 1,527,664 total cases and 90,978 deaths... that is a survival rate of 94% against the total cases. If you look at resolved cases where the outcome is known (not current ongoing cases)... there have been 346,389 cases where people have recovered vs the 90,978 deaths and the survival rate for this scenario is 79%

Our president, using sophisticated technical military terminology, has publicly named a new weapon being developed as a "super duper missile" that is "17 times faster than any we currently have". The Pentagon was unwilling to confirm when asked about this. That's right... Super Duper

Our president, using sophisticated technical military terminology, has publicly named a new weapon being developed as a "super duper missile" that is "17 times faster than any we currently have". The Pentagon was unwilling to confirm when asked about this. That's right... Super Duper
Is it pointy though? You know like in the cartoon? It cant be round.

Pointy is scary. Round puts smiles on the faces of the enemy . They will think its a huge robot dildo flying towards them.

lets see who gets the reference

Last edited:
Remember
The survival rates in the table you posted is way off. As of tonight the US has had 1,527,664 total cases and 90,978 deaths... that is a survival rate of 94% against the total cases. If you look at resolved cases where the outcome is known (not current ongoing cases)... there have been 346,389 cases where people have recovered vs the 90,978 deaths and the survival rate for this scenario is 79%

Neither of those numbers are close to correct. As has been stated the deaths are 25% over inflated and the number of cases is way off due to so many never getting tested or ones that did that never got results. Some were positive that got negative results and some were negative that were positive results. One thing we do know is the death rate for anyone under 80 is below .05% in America.

A Democrat governor

Do what? He did not say this no way.

Well alrighty. What’s 700k with side effects. ??‍♂️

Gates was talking about the flu vaccine. 1 in 10000 have side effects. And your source references the Wuhan Virus. Crap bigoted source.

Remember

Neither of those numbers are close to correct. As has been stated the deaths are 25% over inflated and the number of cases is way off due to so many never getting tested or ones that did that never got results. Some were positive that got negative results and some were negative that were positive results. One thing we do know is the death rate for anyone under 80 is below .05% in America.
The statement that deaths are overstated by 25% is false and politically motivated. Medical experts have stated that the number of Covid caused deaths are most likely under counted,,, https://thehill.com/homenews/corona...virus-death-toll-almost-certainly-higher-than

Also what is your source for the death rate for people under 80 at .05%? From other countries it is shown that the death rate for people 60-69 averages about 2.5% and for the age group 70-79 at 8%... https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid#case-fatality-rate-of-covid-19-by-age

The statement that deaths are overstated by 25% is false and politically motivated. Medical experts have stated that the number of Covid caused deaths are most likely under counted,,, https://thehill.com/homenews/corona...virus-death-toll-almost-certainly-higher-than

Also what is your source for the death rate for people under 80 at .05%? From other countries it is shown that the death rate for people 60-69 averages about 2.5% and for the age group 70-79 at 8%... https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid#case-fatality-rate-of-covid-19-by-age

I don't know about the US, but Spain's antibody test results put the mortality rate of around 0.05% under 75.

Edit: Let me clarify, that is what I remember it saying, I'll try to find it tomorrow to make sure.

Last edited:
As with the other one, this is just cherry picked bias or unrelated statistics. Its purpose is to divide and nothing else.
I didn't know Massachusetts has a Republican governor. That's interesting...I agree, we need more information. The budget comparison is interesting if verified. The deaths by Covid-19 is all willy-nilly reporting in any state so I don't even look at that information as even "close" to reality. At this point, I don't trust anyone in government or scientists from any field. Most have huge deficiencies in wisdom and honesty.

I had no idea Montana schools opened up 2 weeks ago. Yes it’s a less populated state but still. Having kids in a class room should be telling in their virus cases and numbers. Somehow the National news has not even mentioned that state schools opened.

As an atheist praying ain't my thing but somehow some way we need a 3rd party candidate an independent candidate or something to save us from 2020.

The year started with a disaster and is gonna end up with one as well. Worst year EVER.

As an atheist praying ain't my thing but somehow some way we need a 3rd party candidate an independent candidate or something to save us from 2020.

The year started with a disaster and is gonna end up with one as well. Worst year EVER.
Well one thing is certain if the economy does well and the infections and deaths do not skyrocket Trump will win in November. If it’s the opposite then Biden will win plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back