• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t wonder but rather KNOW that the vast majority of the MSM is biased because they want Trump out. However, Trump brings most of this on himself by his constant telling of lies, being inconsistent, his being a jackass, among other things. Trump is giving the anti-Trump media so much ammunition almost daily!
Also, the virus really is serious whether you believe it or not. The contagiousness as well as fatality rate is far beyond the typical flu. I can’t believe I have to say this.

My criticisms of Trump are based on my own brain considering everything rather than just being spoon fed what the anti-Trump media spews.
I am sorry, but everything you have criticized him for, in the past, has come from our main-stream Democratic media. I begged you to listen to other world news outlets such as BBC or the Australian news outlets when it came to discerning the truth about the impeachment, but you refused to listen. Every country in the free world knew what the Dems were doing, but you could not, because you have a clear bias. You are never going to see the light. So, I am not even going to try any more. However, I will still gladly debate with you.

That dumb idiot that wanted an actual vote vs a voice vote stood no chance
602852399fc9d9bd540954782cbed6c5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the MSM, they have proven themselves time and time again to be full of questionable sources, misleading statements and hype. The MSM hype about things was correctly addressed by Dr. Birx yesterday. This information she shares, potentially, could be why Trump and Cuomo are starting to shift their tone to a less worried one in recent days that seeks to restore the economy while doing so in a way that also balances an appropriate public health policy.

While Trump mentioned that new guidelines were under consideration, Dr. Deborah Birx indicated that models that were driving some of the initial decisions that were the basis for current 15-day guidance were not proving to be accurate.

I’m sure you have seen the recent report out of the U.K. about them adjusting completely their needs. This is really quite important. If you remember, that was the report that says there would be 500,000 deaths in the U.K. and 2.2 million deaths in the United States. They’ve adjusted that number in the U.K. to 20,000. Half a million to 20,000. We are looking at that in great detail to understand that adjustment.
I’m going to say something that is a little bit complicated but do it in a way we can understand it together. In the model, either you have to have a large group of people who a-asymptomatic, who never presented for any test to have the kind of numbers predicted. To get to 60 million people infected, you have to have a large group of asymptomatics.
We have not seen an attack rate over 1 in 1,000. So either we are measuring the iceberg and underneath it, are a large group of people. So we are working hard to get the antibody test and figure out who these people are and do they exist. Or we have the transmission completely wrong.

She noted the projections based on those models did not match the actual observations being recorded in South Korea, Italy or China. For example, Italy would be reporting 400,000 deaths if the predictive model was accurate. Italy’s currently reports 8,215 total deaths.

Thursday’s social media contained many worries about hospitals enacting “Do Not Resuscitate” orders because of the lack of equipment.

Hospitals on the front lines of the pandemic are engaged in a heated private debate over a calculation few have encountered in their lifetimes — how to weigh the “save at all costs” approach to resuscitating a dying patient against the real danger of exposing doctors and nurses to the contagion of coronavirus.
The conversations are driven by the realization that the risk to staff amid dwindling stores of protective equipment — such as masks, gowns and gloves — may be too great to justify the conventional response when a patient “codes,” and their heart or breathing stops.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago has been discussing a do-not-resuscitate policy for infected patients, regardless of the wishes of the patient or their family members — a wrenching decision to prioritize the lives of the many over the one.

Birx torched that notion while taking a scalpel to the media for its panic-based coverage of the pandemic.

We are reassured in meeting with our colleagues in New York that there are still I.C.U. Beds remaining and still significant — over 1,000 or 2,000 ventilators that have not been utilized.
Please for the reassurance of people around the world, to wake up this morning and look at people talking about creating DNR situations, Do Not Resuscitate situations for patients, there is no situation in the United States right now that warrants that kind of discussion. You can be thinking about it in the hospital.
Certainly, hospitals talk about this on a daily basis, but to say that to the American people and make the implication that when they need a hospital bed it’s not going to be there or a ventilator, it’s not going to be there, we don’t have evidence of that.

Finally, Birx stressed how important it was to give the proper assurances based on revised and more accurate projections.

It’s our job collectively to assure the American people, it’s our job to make sure that doesn’t happen. You can see the cases are concentrated in highly urban areas and there are other parts of the states that have lots of ventilators and other parts of New York state that don’t have any infected. We can meet the needs by being responsive.
There is no model right now — no reality on the ground where we can see that 60% to 70% of Americans are going to get infected in the next eight to 12 weeks.

Based on the data currently obtained from the massive testing effort now being conducted, researchers now suspect that the estimates of the virus’s transmissibility have increased, which indicates that many more people have already have been infected than is know. This data, in turn, implies the virus is less dangerous than initially feared.
Source

Regarding the MSM, they have proven themselves time and time again to be full of questionable sources, misleading statements and hype. The MSM hype about things was correctly addressed by Dr. Birx yesterday. This information she shares, potentially, could be why Trump and Cuomo are starting to shift their tone to a less worried one in recent days that seeks to restore the economy while doing so in a way that also balances an appropriate public health policy.

Source

Have you seen Fergusons response to the right wing media jumping on his downward shift? He has a full explanation and says those advancing it as he was "wrong" is bogus and that he shifted because of the lockdowns and reduction of cases spread.

EDIT for link:

Last edited:
I really can't stand the "experts" who predict how many people could die. All it does is create more panic. I still can't get over someone saying over 2 million Americans could die. What a joke. Anyone who thought that had any chance of happening needs their heads examined.

I really can't stand the "experts" who predict how many people could die. All it does is create more panic. I still can't get over someone saying over 2 million Americans could die. What a joke. Anyone who thought that had any chance of happening needs their heads examined.
Oh there were quite a few here that actually did! Some probably do need an examination but I have a mild case of TBI so who am I to talk.....

Yeah because you know viruses and other dangerous microbes aren't the biggest human killers over history :oops:

Can't be taxed if you're not earning anything because you get no hours due to your company having to cut them back in order to remain open. Lol whoever made that clearly has never heard of part time employees.

See my later post addressing just that problem

I think the South Carolina numbers are way way to low. Misleading the people I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because you know viruses and other dangerous microbes aren't the biggest human killers over history :oops:
In all fairness, we have cases of the Plague (almost wiped out mankind at one point) show up every once in a while, and it's not even worth mentioning anymore. Same goes for smallpox and polio. We are a much more knowledgeable population now.

Have you seen Fergusons response to the right wing media jumping on his downward shift? He has a full explanation and says those advancing it as he was "wrong" is bogus and that he shifted because of the lockdowns and reduction of cases spread.

EDIT for link:

Yes his explanation is bogus and there are lots of holes in it. "Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began its lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work." Here was his initial prediction below vs his revised claim which seem to be vastly different.

"Finally, if the British government quickly went all-out to suppress viral spread — aiming to reverse epidemic growth and reduce the case load to a low level — then the number of dead in the country could drop to below 20,000. To do this, the researchers said, Britain would have to enforce social distancing for the entire population, isolate all cases, demand quarantines of entire households where anyone is sick, and close all schools and universities — and do this not for weeks but for 12 to 18 months, until a vaccine is available.
“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more,” Ferguson told reporters.
Source

Fast forward to a week later, "He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower. Source

sure but to be arrogant enough to believe it can't happen or that a projection of 2.2 is crazy falls under that category of -------complacency kills
While you are going back to my awesome quotes, don't forget that "reality" plays a factor in EVERYTHING. Reality is often the difference between "panicking" and getting killed or being cool like fonzi and jumping through the fire unscathed

While you are going back to my awesome quotes, don't forget that "reality" plays a factor in EVERYTHING. Reality is often the difference between "panicking" and getting killed or being cool like fonzi and jumping through the fire unscathed

Fonzi jumped a shark dude get with the times please ;)

Yes his explanation is bogus and there are lots of holes in it. "Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began its lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work." Here was his initial prediction below vs his revised claim which seem to be vastly different.

"Finally, if the British government quickly went all-out to suppress viral spread — aiming to reverse epidemic growth and reduce the case load to a low level — then the number of dead in the country could drop to below 20,000. To do this, the researchers said, Britain would have to enforce social distancing for the entire population, isolate all cases, demand quarantines of entire households where anyone is sick, and close all schools and universities — and do this not for weeks but for 12 to 18 months, until a vaccine is available.
“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more,” Ferguson told reporters.
Source

Fast forward to a week later, "He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower. Source

All kinds of studies out there saying all kinds of different things

Which begs the question..do we have any uppity libs in here? ?

There are in this world plenty of uppity libs, uppity cons, uppity of any group you can name. No group comes close to cornering the market on being uppity/arrogant/looking down on others, etc.

There are plenty of uppity Trumpers. But also there were plenty of uppity Obamaers. Uppitiness is human nature that many (most?) have to fight against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back