• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where you got that from. I'm sure he's following what his advisers are saying, but what I'm referring to is when he gets up on the podium and starts saying things are fake news. His advisers can't stop him on that. Making a rift like that is dangerous because of times like this. If you want an authoritarian government, remove your critics and you'll have one. And for all we know he might not be listening to advisers that are telling him we aren't on a good path and the economy will suffer because of it. Tons of factors in play, but with the way Trump behaves, we need him not to be how he has the last 3 years more than ever and work with the media more than ever to ensure Americans trust what's being put out.

The media needs to stop trying to create division and stop being so biased if they want Trump to stop calling them out. When they do things like try to depict a rift between him and Fauci, that’s bad and the news media deserves to be called out for that kind of stuff. Per Fauci below.

“The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing"

“When you have 15 people and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to ZERO...uh...that’s a pretty good job...”.

That's the original 15 people taken in from Japan the he was referring to. His response is that would be better in 15 days. That's not exactly misinformation man. Pretty nit picky if you ask me

Also, Trump told this bold faced lie yesterday: “This was something that nobody has ever thought could happen to this country.”

This is FALSE! In fact, Obama literally left behind a pandemic “playbook” with recommendations on how to handle a pandemic OMG.

Did he leave one behind for the rest of the world to follow too? yeah that's what I thought. Apparently he didn't leave behind enough equipment to handle such a pandemic with the rule book.

Find something with a little more substance or YES you are pretty much wasting all of us "ignorant" people's time
Don't worry about Obama, pandemics are not unknown or surprising. No excuse for any leader or nation not prepared.

The media needs to stop trying to create division and stop being so biased if they want Trump to stop calling them out. When they do things like try to depict a rift between him and Fauci, that’s bad and the news media deserves to be called out for that kind of stuff. Per Fauci below.

“The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing"
That part I can understand. Maybe I should rephrase to "Both need to put their differences aside and work together". But that's not going to happen. The way I see it, nobody is in the right at the moment. All of them are trying to get to one outcome and ignore the damage it does to get there. To me, Trump is trying to ignore the severity of the virus to get the economy back up for re-election or he's not going to get it. The media is overblowing it to try and tear Trump up here and there. The people are ignoring their leaders because they don't know what to do. Everyone is trying to play this virus as an opportunity to advance themselves against the other.

Then what's the point of them existing? Shut them down. All of them lol. Make us an authoritarian echo chamber.
They dont need to be shut down. THEY NEED TO DO THERE DAMN JOB IN AN UNBIASED MANNER! They have failed miserably the last 3 years and that isn't by coincidence. And unfortunately they have zero plans to change the approach and agenda they have which is to bash every single thing that Donald Trump does, kinda like a handful of people here do

That part I can understand. Maybe I should rephrase to "Both need to put their differences aside and work together". But that's not going to happen. The way I see it, nobody is in the right at the moment. All of them are trying to get to one outcome and ignore the damage it does to get there. To me, Trump is trying to ignore the severity of the virus to get the economy back up for re-election or he's not going to get it. The media is overblowing it to try and tear Trump up here and there. The people are ignoring their leaders because they don't know what to do. Everyone is trying to play this virus as an opportunity to advance themselves against the other.
I don't understand why Trump would try to get the economy back up and running in order to get re-elected. I mean i don't think many people are going to blame Trump for the economy for what's going on.

Last edited:
I

I don't understand why Trump would try to get the economy back up and running in order to get re-elected. I mean i don't think many people are going to blame Trump for the economy for what's going on.
The man banked his presidency on the economy and being a businessman outsider. If he fails to do that to even a small portion of Americans they'll go to someone else. Everyone including me wants a strong economy, but remember China trade war and look at what China's doing. The man hates China, or just wants to beat them economically and I have no problem there. It's when he gives up protecting the people from a pandemic and is like China in terms of money over people where I don't like going to.

The man banked his presidency on the economy and being a businessman outsider. If he fails to do that to even a small portion of Americans they'll go to someone else. Everyone including me wants a strong economy, but remember China trade war and look at what China's doing. The man hates China, or just wants to beat them economically and I have no problem there. It's when he gives up protecting the people from a pandemic and is like China in terms of money over people where I don't like going to.
Im sorry but to even suggest he is putting the economy ahead of protecting people is friggin disgusting! We cant shut the world down for months over a virus that to me is being handled the best we can. People have to work. I don't understand why some of you folks cant understand that simple concept

I

Agreed... we can't blame any of our leaders for the virus outbreak that was released into our world by China. I will vote for Trump again regardless of the economy. Unless, of course, he does something really horrific. For all we know, this virus attack may have been an out-right act of terrorism.

I’m truly done with putting forth effort into this thread. I can’t even convey my thoughts without getting words shoved into my mouth. I work weekends overnight as a Nurse Assistant at CMC Main in Charlotte, I’m in no way an epidemiologist or doctor, but what I’m seeing is firsthand information. Have a great day everyone and wash your hands!

Yeah the news media needs to engage in more responsible/accurate journalism. They won't do that and so Trump (as is his personality, right or wrong) is calling them out on things. It's kind of a circular pattern, the news media won't stop their bias/attacks and Trump when attacked or misrepresented won't back down.

Im sorry but to even suggest he is putting the economy ahead of protecting people is friggin disgusting! We cant shut the world down for months over a virus that to me is being handled the best we can. People have to work. I don't understand why some of you folks cant understand that simple concept

Whats disgusting is the crap Trump spewed about this being not a big deal for a month and half....Trump 100% was worried this would wreck the economy but not because he gives a damn about me or you being without a job but rather he needs it to even have a chance in Nov......

Trump wanted the BS he was saying to be true, he hoped maybe if we didnt test a lot and maybe not to many got sick that it would end up being a big nothing....Trump gambled and we all lost, nothing else makes sense. The is no reasonable reason for Trump to do and say the things he did leading up to him finally acknowledging the reality of the situation.

The US is far from handling this the best we can....I mean how can anyone seriously think that is true, my wife works at a doctors office they finally got some test kits this week......3 of them.....they cant find mask or gloves anywhere.....the US government ---- the bed big time on this....

Yeah the news media needs to engage in more responsible/accurate journalism. They won't do that and so Trump (as is his personality, right or wrong) is calling them out on things. It's kind of a circular pattern, the news media won't stop their bias/attacks and Trump when attacked or misrepresented won't back down.
Agreed! I’m a democrat and I agree that the constant bashing of Trump is unnecessary and redundant. However the “Fake News” palooza is no help either. People will deem a credible source fake simply because they dislike the information being reported.

Whats disgusting is the crap Trump spewed about this being not a big deal for a month and half....Trump 100% was worried this would wreck the economy but not because he gives a damn about me or you being without a job but rather he needs it to even have a chance in Nov......

Trump wanted the BS he was saying to be true, he hoped maybe if we didnt test a lot and maybe not to many got sick that it would end up being a big nothing....Trump gambled and we all lost, nothing else makes sense. The is no reasonable reason for Trump to do and say the things he did leading up to him finally acknowledging the reality of the situation.

The US is far from handling this the best we can....I mean how can anyone seriously think that is true, my wife works at a doctors office they finally got some test kits this week......3 of them.....they cant find mask or gloves anywhere.....the US government poop the bed big time on this....
Im not gonna keep repeating myself over and over and over again. I get it my man.....you have made your point. We disagree.

Agreed! I’m a democrat and I agree that the constant bashing of Trump is unnecessary and redundant. However the “Fake News” palooza is no help either. People will deem a credible source fake simply because they dislike the information being reported.
If someone told the entire hospital or office you work at the you had an STD and you had to answer to it in front of the entire staff Im pretty sure you would say its blatantly false (fake news). The media is supposed to be unbiased right? Well they clearly aren't and its gotten to the point of abusive under Trump

For those who missed those last night, just try and defend this. We don't need a BSing con man in the oval office. Enough is enough, when are people going to stop supporting this?

For those who missed those last night, just try and defend this. We don't need a BSing con man in the oval office. Enough is enough, when are people going to stop supporting this?

Do yourself a favor and stop asking people to defend the same BS over and over again. I think you are going to get the same response you got last time this was asked. Vote for Joe Biden....Its a good choice for you. After he says something stupid you will forget it and so will he!

In the words of that famous statesman Rodney King "can we all just get along". I realize this is an empty hope but I had to try it anyway. Except for Forsyth Snow, very little seeing both sides of the issue here but I guess that is politics for you! Those that hate Trump will continue to call him names and those that think he NEVER does anything wrong will defend him. Believe it or not, it is possible for there to be some who believe that, like all humans, he makes mistakes and also possible to see he has done a lot of good things along the way. One thing I can't understand is why anyone would vote for Joe Biden thinking he would be an effective leader who would "unite" us. Just for the record, I did not vote for neither Trump or Hillary but do think Trump was the better of 2 bad choices in retrospect

He downplayed it to not create panic. That’s really easy to see. Turns out while it may be worse then Trump was hoping it won’t be as bad as the projections. 2.2 million Americans will not die from this. Trump has done a good job behind the scenes of dealing with this. While trying to tamper down fear with optimism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back