• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that Trump could have done more, its that he downplayed it so much...even when internally they knew it was probably going to get really bad.....anyone that watches the video above will plainly see Trump was doing everything he could to marginalize this, right up till the end when all of a sudden he was all " of course its a pandemic I have been saying that all along" which that video shows to not be the case.
Most people in a leadership role did to an extent. Nobody knew "exactly" how bad this would be I digress. You already hate his guts anyways so whats the point. You wake up every single morning with wood and the intent to bash him. Its a sad state of affairs

Here is what all the Trump didn't do enough to stop this aren't saying but are thinking.... they want a national martial law, shut it down, if you leave your house you are arrested, communist style response to a pandemic, it's the only possible way to enforce it. It would be the only way he could possibly do enough. Of course, I'm sure then it wouldn't be enough either, the narrative would be he's a dictator overstepping his authority.

Here is what all the Trump didn't do enough to stop this aren't saying but are thinking.... they want a national martial law, shut it down, if you leave your house you are arrested, communist style response to a pandemic, it's the only possible way to enforce it. It would be the only way he could possibly do enough. Of course, I'm sure then it wouldn't be enough either, the narrative would be he's a dictator overstepping his authority.
100% Accurate...Its amazing

This is a bit of a reach eh....I say Trump did a lousy job on this, I in no way want any of the bolded....we dont need that and I dont even really see anyone out there advocating anything like that. Trump just needs to get with the program and accept that sometimes doing the right thing even if it does not benefit him is what being a leader is actually all about.....

You're trying to put words in our mouths that don't fit what we actually think. Our problem is people aren't taking this seriously at all. Trump's "Fake news" crap has got to stop now as well because this is part of why people around here don't care about the virus. A lot of them are ignoring the actual reasonable words that the news is putting out such as stay at home if you don't need to go out. I don't think we need martial law, but I think we will need more than "shelter in place for medically fragile" in places like Georgia. More people will listen if the narrative is dire enough and shows reason.

This is a bit of a reach eh....I say Trump did a lousy job on this, I in no way want any of the bolded....we dont need that and I dont even really see anyone out there advocating anything like that. Trump just needs to get with the program and accept that sometimes doing the right thing even if it does not benefit him is what being a leader is actually all about.....

But according to a recent interview by Dr Fauci, Trump has been following all of his advice and other advisors as well contrary to what people and the MSM are saying.

You're trying to put words in our mouths that don't fit what we actually think. Our problem is people aren't taking this seriously at all. Trump's "Fake news" crap has got to stop now as well because this is part of why people around here don't care about the virus. A lot of them are ignoring the actual reasonable words that the news is putting out such as stay at home if you don't need to go out. I don't think we need martial law, but I think we will need more than "shelter in place for medically fragile" in places like Georgia. More people will listen if the narrative is dire enough and shows reason.

He did get serious a week or two ago when he started shutting things down. Prior to that his response was one of saying basically we will overcome it. I think his “downplay” approach wasn’t to minimize it but to keep people everywhere from all out panic. Perhaps his advisors recommended he approach it that way and he was simply listening to their advice? Trump has a lot more intel and info on this that we the public will never know about. It’s easy to criticize him but we have no idea what advice and intel he was given that made him approach it the way he did early on. From all accounts he’s been following the advice of his advisors closely, Dr Fauci said so himself in a recent interview.

But according to a recent interview by Dr Fauci, Trump has been following all of his advice and other advisors as well contrary to what people and the MSM are saying.

Dr Fauci does not support going back to normal....

"Asked if Fauci agreed with Trump on the need to ease some of the travel and social distancing restrictions as a way to revive the economy, Trump said: "He doesn't not agree."

Im sorry but anyone who thinks that people are going to just stay at home and not leave their house for months are not very realistic. And with it being spring time, its especially difficult for people to stay at home.

What's the right thing? I really don't think he is concentrating on benefitting himself during a global crisis

He did get serious a week or two ago when he started shutting things down. Prior to that his response was one of saying basically we will overcome it. I think his “downplay” approach wasn’t to minimize it but to keep people everywhere from all out panic. Perhaps his advisors recommended he approach it that way and he was simply listening to their advice? Trump has a lot more intel and info on this that we the public will never know about. It’s easy to criticize him but we have no idea what advice and intel he was given that made him approach it the way he did early on. From all accounts he’s been following the advice of his advisors closely, Dr Fauci said so himself in a recent interview.
Not sure where you got that from. I'm sure he's following what his advisers are saying, but what I'm referring to is when he gets up on the podium and starts saying things are fake news. His advisers can't stop him on that. Making a rift like that is dangerous because of times like this. If you want an authoritarian government, remove your critics and you'll have one. And for all we know he might not be listening to advisers that are telling him we aren't on a good path and the economy will suffer because of it. Tons of factors in play, but with the way Trump behaves, we need him not to be how he has the last 3 years more than ever and work with the media more than ever to ensure Americans trust what's being put out.

This is what is known as polishing a turd, his job is to use the vast resources of the federal government to protect Americans and he absolutely did not do that by spending a month downplaying this. Its one thing to stress the need to remain calm etc, but Trump repeatedly made it out as if this was not going to be a issue AT ALL in this country. He did that right up till the day he couldnt BS anymore and the ndid a full 180 on his message....and then and only then started to do things he should have done weeks/months ago....what sense does that make, your a smart guy you cant really believe half of what you just posted above.

"Asked if Fauci agreed with Trump on the need to ease some of the travel and social distancing restrictions as a way to revive the economy, Trump said: "He doesn't not agree."
And like Fauci has said numerous time, he is a scientist and doesn't have to worry about all the "other stuff" like the economy. Trump does

He also said this.

The president has listened to what I have said and ... what the other people on the task force have said," Fauci said. "When I made recommendations, he's taken them. He's never countered or overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing"

Then this.

In the same interview, Fauci noted that his responsibility is to solely focus on defeating the disease while the president has a larger responsibility. "The president has the awesome responsibility of considering every aspect of this," he said. "I just give public health advice completely clean, unconnected with anything else. He has to factor in other things."

"What the president is trying to do is balance the public health issues with the fact this is having an enormous impact on the economy of the country which may actually, indirectly, cause an incredible amount of harm... even health-wise," Fauci noted.

Not sure where you got that from. I'm sure he's following what his advisers are saying, but what I'm referring to is when he gets up on the podium and starts saying things are fake news. His advisers can't stop him on that. Making a rift like that is dangerous because of times like this. If you want an authoritarian government, remove your critics and you'll have one. And for all we know he might not be listening to advisers that are telling him we aren't on a good path and the economy will suffer because of it. Tons of factors in play, but with the way Trump behaves, we need him not to be how he has the last 3 years more than ever and work with the media more than ever to ensure Americans trust what's being put out.
LOLOL...My god I almost fell out of my chair on this one. Bud I think its the other way around on this one based on the crap I continue to see from that obvious left leaning side. They are 100% at fault for the majority of the hysteria

This is what is known as polishing a turd, his job is to use the vast resources of the federal government to protect Americans and he absolutely did not do that by spending a month downplaying this. Its one thing to stress the need to remain calm etc, but Trump repeatedly made it out as if this was not going to be a issue AT ALL in this country. He did that right up till the day he couldnt BS anymore and the ndid a full 180 on his message....and then and only then started to do things he should have done weeks/months ago....what sense does that make, your a smart guy you cant really believe half of what you just posted above.

So if his advisors recommended he downplay this to avoid public panic that’s a bad thing for him to do? Truth is none of us know what he has been advised of and why he downplayed initially but we do know from Dr Fauci that Trump has been listening closely to his advisors in this process.

Sorry, but after all the "fake-news" that's been touted over the last 3 years, the American people, as a whole, will never trust the main stream media again.

LOLOL...My god I almost fell out of my chair on this one. Bud I think its the other way around on this one based on the crap I continue to see from that obvious left leaning side. They are 100% at fault for the majority of the hysteria
Just my thought on it. They both need to work together. And me calling Trump out for saying everything is fake isn't a left leaning bias. It's more left than you think of course because it's more of a neutral approach.

I believe the liberal leaning media is largely to blame for the hysteria. I honestly feel like some people in the media would love for this to get worse just so they can cover it more and get higher ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back