• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....... After backlash all she has to do is delete Tweet and issue an explanation the next day. Now she's free and clear?
I'm not buying it. She made the decision to wear the "borrowed" T-shirt.
BTW Forsyth, this is nothing personal just a discussion. ;)
I wouldn't say she's clear at all. I was mainly saying what I did to make you aware that the source you referenced was from an unreliable source that instills negative emotions instead of aiming to make a story the least biased possible. If there's one thing I despise about politics, it's the lack of proper and unbiased reporting, and the amount of manipulation all outlets do to make their story fit a skew. The most extreme ones I don't like the most.
And yes this is a friendly discussion because we can have civil political discussions :).

I admit Trump can be a jackass, but maybe it takes a jackass to win against false information campaigns .

Exactly right. The reason Trump has to toot his own horn is the fact that the MSM won't do it. You can watch CNN all day and they won't tell you GDP is up 3.5 percent, or the jobless rate is down to 4.5 percent.

To further illustrate this, remember when Bush was POTUS and the media went interviewing people at gas stations trying to find folks in uproar over petroleum prices, and when Obama became POTUS they just stopped. When jobless rates were up to 8 percent under Bush, CNN had all their economic advisors on the set talking about how unprecedented this was. When Obama became POTUS, the rates went up to 11 percent and worse in some states, but no microphone on the general public for their reactions, no economic analysts on TV proclaiming this disaster, just business as usual.

Last edited:
All these clowns are shady and really don't understand the situation of regular Americans. How could they? The tenticles of corruption extend far deeper than any of us likely know. Even if you classify Trump as an outsider with his fist raised against the system, he's still just one person, who will likely see just one term. I don't know...but I don't see red vs blue anymore. It's all a show. I mean, sure, there are some social issue differences, but these hot potatoes just get tossed round and round and used as a wedge to keep us focused on each other, as they take power, wealth, and freedom away, bit by bit by bit.

RC, I agree with you in a sense that personal freedoms are always under attack regardless of party, but I give it to Trump, he has fought imbalanced Trade agreements, fought for energy independence in the face of activists and their lobbyist, shed light on the corrupt deep state, stood by his judicial nominees (most would have caved on those in the face of the lashing they have taken from the Media and DNC).

Exactly right. The reason Trump has to toot his own horn is the fact that the MSM won't do it. You can watch CNN all day and they won't tell you GDP is up 3.5 percent, or the jobless rate is down to 4.5 percent.

To further illustrate this, remember when Bush was POTUS and the media went interviewing people at gas stations trying to find folks in uproar over petroleum prices, and when Obama became POTUS they just stopped. When jobless rates were up to 8 percent under Bush, CNN had all their economic advisors on the set talking about how unprecedented this was. When Obama became POTUS, the rates went up to 11 percent and worse in some states, but no microphone on the general public for their reactions, no economic analysts on TV proclaiming this disaster, just business as usual.
Yes, I was saying back then that Bush needed to stand up for himself more and hold press conferences to talk directly to the people. He didnt do that, and his approval rating slumped to the 20's and Obama got elected

Trump has even opened my eyes to the Republican BS too. I never questioned free trade that was unbalanced until Trump. I just went along with the Republican Party talking points because I didn't know better. The truth is tariffs are what built this country back in 1800s, but no one wants to talk about that. I'm 39 years old. I remember American-made TVs in the house as I was growing up, ect. That is proof because those don't exist anymore, that NAFTA does not work for the American people.

Trump has even opened my eyes to the Republican BS too. I never questioned free trade that was unbalanced until Trump. I just went along with the Republican Party talking points because I didn't know better. The truth is tariffs is what built this country back in 1800s but no one wants to talk about that. I'm 39 years old. I remember American-made TVs in the house as I was growing up, ect. That is proof because those don't exist anymore that NAFTA does not work for the American people

I don't see any reason at this point to be disadvantaged just to prove to other nations that we are fair. I expect for us to have the same deal, if not better, as anyone in global commerce. As far as products, yes, we are major importers. If given a decent rate, a lot of products can be made and purchased here, although our tax and labor infrastructure stands in the way to a good degree.

I'm beginning to think the "whistleblower" might be a (Fusion GPS), (Crowdstrike) type deal here. I mean, there is nothing criminal done in the transcript, yet the whistleblower must remain completely unidentified, won't even go before Congress. And Andrew Comey has affiliations with Crowdstrike. Interesting, and hopefully it will be investigated thoroughly. Don't believe the MSM that this is just about Biden/Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back