• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wait.... I thought the New York Times and anonymous sources were so "reliable" and now Trump is toast? Oh that's right, they have a history of making things up with "anonymous sources" only to later back down... and it wouldn't surprise me if Bolton is using this (lying) to get media attention and promote book sales. We will see, that's why I don't like these "breaking news" stories with "anonymous sources" because they oftentimes get retracted or significantly altered later as the real truth comes out.
Nailed it...... just somebody else wanting to get rich off of this. It doesn't matter whether it is truth or not. It will sell. Next week it will be a best seller in the fiction section.

Nailed it...... just somebody else wanting to get rich off of this. It doesn't matter whether it is truth or not. It will sell. Next week it will be a best seller in the fiction section.

OK, throw Bolton under the bus only because he's saying bad things about your messiah.

How about Trump telling 1,000s of lies within just 3 years?
1,000's? Btw let's all be honest for a second and admit politics make strange bedfellows. A year ago the Dems were roasting Bolton, ready to run him out of the country now they are in love with him. Crazy how that works

He is no messiah. Far from it. However, America is better because of his policies.

But he tells lies so none of it counts. Being pure is a heavy expectation to place on anyone who works in politics especially when for every 1,000 lies you tell there are 10,000 more made up about you by those "pure people" that live to hate you

How about Trump telling 1,000s of lies within just 3 years?

Its no big deal because he does good things for America man.....who cares how corrupt he is as long as he sticks it to those libtards…..

1,000's? Btw let's all be honest for a second and admit politics make strange bedfellows. A year ago the Dems were roasting Bolton, ready to run him out of the country now they are in love with him. Crazy how that works

Even though I'm taking Schiff's side, I'm also listening to the Trump's side's attorney Eric Herschmann's focus against Joe Biden. He's making good points imo regarding the Hunter Biden sweetheart deal. The Bidens are looking really bad based on this. So, I'm for investigating the Bidens. Also, this may end up keeping me from even considering voting for Biden if Biden ends up the nominee. Biden I about the only Dem I had been considering voting for.

But, would any of this actually make Trump innocent? I don't see it at this point. I'm still listening to Eric.

If you claim your neighbor robbed a bank do you get away with robbing him to prove it to the cops?

There are legal avenues trump could have pursued. Legal open channels, but instead he sends non-US people......his private attorney and his clients Fruman and Parnas to Ukraine to dig up dirt instead. This isn't and wasnt about corruption.

The ends dont justify the means in this case. Never will even if they show biden was dirty as can be.

Dangerous waters swirling here ... :eek:

Dangerous waters...actually more like supertoxic waters is how I describe the nauseating AmericanWx political forum. Here is a mere pussycat in comparison. Not even close. For the most part, we're not going beyond robust debate. There's not the namecalling, personal insulting, racism, sexism, bigotry, and rampant profanity of that disgusting forum.

He is no messiah. Far from it. However, America is better because of his policies.

I think this is a fundamental difference in how we view him. His policies in some areas have been good so it is safe to say we better than we were under obama.

The precedents he is setting, most importantly the one we set with this trial will damage America for decades. Do.you really believe a president should be immune from even the slightest investigation as he has claimed?

Perhaps, as I agree with a decent number of his policies even if he is goofy and likes to babble. For example, it is hard to imagine the economy doing better right now though how much Trump is the reason is up for debate as always for any sitting POTUS. For the most part, it isn't his polices that I've been concerned about. It is his often disgusting behavior, and potential abuse of power. His treatment of some of our allies leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like that he is a bully. His treatment of McCain was awful. One can be a strong leader without being a bully. Example: Reagan.

Dangerous waters...actually more like supertoxic waters is how I describe the nauseating AmericanWx political forum. Here is a mere pussycat in comparison. Not even close. For the most part, we're not going beyond robust debate. There's not the namecalling, personal insulting, racism, sexism, bigotry, and rampant profanity of that disgusting forum.
Larry - Just pointing out a macro ... was not restricting my comment to this thread ... there are dangerous eddies in this big river ... for 350 million or so folks ... and ... well, some of the bitterness here is just a representative micro ...
Again ... no comment on substance, just on the overall and overarching ...

Last edited:
I think this is a fundamental difference in how we view him. His policies in some areas have been good so it is safe to say we better than we were under obama.

The precedents he is setting, most importantly the one we set with this trial will damage America for decades. Do.you really believe a president should be immune from even the slightest investigation as he has claimed?

By that token, if you are going to investigate to the point of impeachment, a simple phone call about corruption then whats next? Im sure you could really care less about aid to friggin Ukraine. This is the type of thing that you just dont pay attention to because it affects you in no way, shape or form. Investigating is not the issue here. You are talking about impeachment! This is not good for our country. They could have impeached Obama over far worse than this but they didn't. The reason is because our founders did not put this in to our constitution for some willy nilly BS like this.

Larry - Just pointing out a macro ...

I (and I assume many here) really do appreciate your advice to be cautious though as political forums can get way out of hand. If it did, I'd want this to be terminated. I still think it hurt AmericanWx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back