• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Rain Cold

Pattern Cha...Loading...
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
Please feel free to discuss topics of a political al nature here. If you get your feelings hurt easily, can't control your emotions, have trouble maintaining general self-control, or can't refrain from insulting others, then this isn't the thread for you.

Hate speech, bigotry, racism, personal attacks, bullying, threats, and things of that nature will not be permitted. This thread will be moderated, and posters will be banned from it by not participating in appropriate and civil discourse.

With that said, have at it.

Please feel free to discuss topics of a political al nature here. If you get your feelings hurt easily, can't control your emotions, have trouble maintaining general self-control, or can't refrain from insulting others, then this isn't the thread for you.

Hate speech, bigotry, racism, personal attacks, bullying, threats, and things of that nature will not be permitted. This thread will be moderated, and posters will be banned from it by not participating in appropriate and civil discourse.

With that said, have at it.
The leash for posters and the life of this thread will be short.

It's easy to not post things you shouldn't. Think before you hit post reply

Its the right time to open this back up for discussion.

One of the worst things to happen yesterday was the poor gentleman bystander who was lost. We should all be thinking about his family right now. I thought I read somewhere that there was a gofundme sent up for the family. I'll see if I can find the link.

Its the right time to open this back up for discussion.

One of the worst things to happen yesterday was the poor gentleman bystander who was lost. We should all be thinking about his family right now. I thought I read somewhere that there was a gofundme sent up for the family. I'll see if I can find the link.
He died shielding his wife and daughter, a true hero. What a tragedy 😢

His secret service detail is lacking. I've worked with and trained some of their advanced teams and what I saw in the videos I've seen has me scratching my head. Nothing personal to them at all but someone needs to answer a LOT of questions. This moron shooter has zero training and how he was ever allowed on that roof is unthinkable. Several people have questions to answer including those in charge of his detail. My faith in the FBI is MINUS ZERO so I doubt we get the truth. In all seriousness I hope this tones things down on all sides of the aisle because a family lost a hero yesterday but my faith in that is even lower......

His secret service detail is lacking. I've worked with and trained some of their advanced teams and what I saw in the videos I've seen has me scratching my head. Nothing personal to them at all but someone needs to answer a LOT of questions. This moron shooter has zero training and how he was ever allowed on that roof is unthinkable. Several people have questions to answer including those in charge of his detail. My faith in the FBI is MINUS ZERO so I doubt we get the truth. In all seriousness I hope this tones things down on all sides of the aisle because a family lost a hero yesterday but my faith in that is even lower......

It seems a local cop climbed the roof and encountered Crooks. Additional info not included here is the cop was holding onto the ladder so he didnt have his gun in his hand so he dropped back to the ground. Still doesnt absolve the SS for not having secured the biulding.

It seems a local cop climbed the roof and encountered Crooks. Additional info not included here is the cop was holding onto the ladder so he didnt have his gun in his hand so he dropped back to the ground. Still doesnt absolve the SS for not having secured the biulding.

I'm afraid this is quickly turning into a sh*t show and that is unfortunate. Whoever was in charge needs to be held accountable period. This was not Carlos Hathcock hiding in the Vietnam bush for 2 days. They allowed a 22 year old goofball to get multiple shots off from an embarrassing range on top of the most obvious perch within a click of that stage. Not acceptable in this political environment

I don’t think I can blame the cop here if the guy fired at Trump just after he ducked for cover. I could understand if you are climbing a ladder to then see someone pointing a AR15 at you, the first instinct would be to duck for cover. Honestly the cop probably got the shooter into a rush which may have saved Trumps life and others.

Now why was that building not locked down doesn’t make sense at all.

From everything I've read, the shooter was a nut job. I would say there's no conspiracy here. You would not want to enlist this person for an assassination job. It was stated he was a poor (gun) shooter and was kicked out of a shooting club (too dangerous). So I think he got lucky and made one good shoot towards Trump, but then Trump got very lucky by turning his head at the right second.

Might regret this a little but here goes nothing:

I'm gonna say that the gunman here may have been an anti-government nutjob (now I see that the poster above me is saying the same) from what I read about his background this afternoon.

Maybe I know nothing, because I'm going off vibes (we may truly never know for sure, but I was reading things said by his former high school mates). We're lucky he had aged out of school shootings, but instead, he picked a political event to try to shoot up (poorly).

The secret service looks very incompetent for what we saw yesterday.

From everything I've read, the shooter was a nut job. I would say there's no conspiracy here. You would not want to enlist this person for an assassination job. It was stated he was a poor (gun) shooter and was kicked out of a shooting club (too dangerous). So I think he got lucky and made one good shoot towards Trump, but then Trump got very lucky by turning his head at the right second.
I think it's maybe not so much a matter of this person being covertly used by the deep state to try and assassinate Trump but more of it being either gross incompetence by authorities meant to protect or some kind of purposeful standing down by authorities. The latter would be the most likely conspiracy, if there is one.

I think it's maybe not so much a matter of this person being covertly used by the deep state to try and assassinate Trump but more of it being either gross incompetence by authorities meant to protect or some kind of purposeful standing down by authorities. The latter would be the most likely conspiracy, if there is one.
Yeah, you would have to guess it was just an oversight (..incompetence) not to react to this person climbing on the roof. That would be a huge conspiracy if there was a "turning a blind eye" situation.

The problem is, in today’s political climate, and with a multitude of folks getting their “news” from social media, silence by the secret service, FBI, etc. only allows conspiracies to fester. We as a country deserve quick answers and accountability. Press conferences where the authorities dodge questions just adds to the chaos.

Bingo!

Back