• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Palm Sunday NC and VA Winter Storm

This is a real punch in the groin
2a9c847854ea0b06c15fdc0dcf5d1049.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I hate living down here. It is always 6 miles too far south.

Uh oh. 0C line at 850 and 925 hPa is lifting rapidly towards Raleigh, condensation and deposition aloft in concert w/ the in-situ CAD is accelerating the development of what may be a potential warm nose as indicated by the HRRR...

Can't wait to see your pics of 2-4 in the morning per the usual lol

Funny.... not this time, appears best rates will stay just to my south unless something changes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Uh oh. 0C line at 850 and 925 hPa is lifting rapidly towards Raleigh, condensation and deposition aloft in concert w/ the in-situ CAD is accelerating the development of what may be a potential warm nose as indicated by the HRRR...
Not ideal
82b484a9ae6295aadb1f05128023ebf9.gif

Oddly enough just switched from snow to heavy rain in Cary
Yeah this looks legit just switched over to rain here too. There was a bright CC band that accelerated north across Harnett and Wake counties ten minutes or so ago, likely the warm nose. DBz is also crashing so yeah that was fun while it lasted

Rah goes with winter storm warnings

Wow with advisories another tier of counties east.... nice redevelopment along the border up into southern Va. to me my west hoping that gives me a little wintry taste here in an hour or so

Lol wow. That was the fastest changeover to a brief heavy snow I’ve seen. Best case now is a changeover to sleet...

Rah goes with winter storm warnings

Lol they might start regretting that in short order if they haven't already, the 825-900 hPa temps have warmed above freezing and the warm nose is accelerating rapidly NWward due to condensation/deposition aloft over the shallow in-situ CAD dome.

And we get the WWA as soon as it goes back to rain. RAH batting 0 for 2 today.

This reminds me a lot of February 2015 where a huge CC bright band shot across central NC in a matter of 30-45 minutes except our CAD was deeper (so the warming occurred higher aloft where it's colder) and happened at a colder time of the year. WAA that was evident from day 1 in the models in late march above 900-925 hPa is usually a death sentence.

Back