• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

I’m literally in the fog this evening with visibility much less than the width of the park. This is the foggiest I can remember on a walk here. Temps is near 60, which is just under the normal high.

Our leaf peak is just now happening!
We where in your neighborhood sorta Saturday night for the game over in "gnatsboro." I can ateast to the leaves. Came in back roads from Augusta, folks busy getting up the cotton. So hilly and beautifull around the Savannah river, Augusta.

You dont want too much +pna or its dry nw flow. -epo is preferred. Pair it with -ao/nao then its PIPE Busting weather most likely, for some.

Pna though is a must so the cold doesn't dump in the West. Transports it east. Neutral epo would be fine as long as there's no vortex in ak.

Pna though is a must so the cold doesn't dump in the West. Transports it east. Neutral epo would be fine as long as there's no vortex in ak.
Ideally, you want a weak negative pna with a negative -epo to really send the bitter cold south and a southern track provided by the -nao. We haven't had any true artic air yet.

If this LaNina performs like 1998-99, this month into very early Jan may be our best window for a big system. Most likely ice.
What I wouldn't do for a 1998-99 redux. An ice storm around Christmas. I'm requesting the January tornadoes be removed from my burger, however.

Per the GFS, Thursday night into Friday night be interesting for the foothills and western piedmont of nc

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

In the LR, these ridges centered in the NW really aren’t going to do us any good, we need them over BC potentially tilting into central Canada. The Low pressure coming down from Canada really won’t work, and has been a problem so far this winter.
View attachment 57602
The Euro is a bit better.
View attachment 57603

I'm not a fan of the war either honestly. Rather see lower heights off the ne coast for 50/50s.

In the LR, these ridges centered in the NW really aren’t going to do us any good, we need them over BC potentially tilting into central Canada. The Low pressure coming down from Canada really won’t work, and has been a problem so far this winter.
View attachment 57602
The Euro is a bit better.
View attachment 57603
This is a model run from last year I’d like to trend towards, although maybe more of a -NAO. ;)
This model had us going towards phase 7 of the MJO, which I don’t think is really on the table this time around.
D7A2BC61-4188-4C42-AD15-220CF11F70B9.png

I don’t understand why this guy is showing max output to his followers?

0751332e71ee09799247b1e8ec9167d4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back