• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ostrich December

Even the warmer euro is super close call with a big icing event, I’m honestly at this point eager to see what the NAMs shows since it’s better with thermals 78949C50-93E4-4AA0-9DC2-3597FE45D1C8.pngE938176F-8166-479E-AA6D-9B3C4A7ADC3E.png3FE2F36B-F2B6-4171-BB6F-90DD3162BE8A.png5EC0AF5B-7C05-4508-871F-B5C2FA892DE4.png

Euro looks like a slightly stronger and western version of the GFS. WV, NW VA and PA get smoked, low just parks off of Jersey before exiting stage right. Verbatim it’s close for the triad, most everyone else is out of luck.

I wonder what happens if we see another tick towards stronger CAD
That's what I am interested to see, if that occurs, the chance of onset ice farther east along the I-85 corridor increases. Not quite the same situation, but I remember a March 2014 system caught the Alamance/Orange/Durham counties off guard with significant icing

Ugly Map but here’s what I’m thinking right now per models (this will change !) number 3 is the area that stands the best shot at seeing snow/sleet/ZR
Number 2 is for areas that have a better shot at ZR/IP and staying with frozen precip longer
Number 1 is for areas that for right now, could see some brief onset sleet followed by some freezing rain to rain
It’s very early but these are just some early thoughts, this thing is still 4-5 days away, so there will likely be some hefty shifts, this could get warmer and go to mainly VA, or this could get colder and become more widespread, just depends
90933C00-854B-4984-B6BF-8146C3267593.png

After taking off for 12 days over Thanksgiving no way I can make a quick trip north mid-week, timing sucks. Certainly upside potential as all key ingredients for a mid latitude cyclone with large comma head are shaping up for interior sections up there.

Back