• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

Wow! That's pretty cool for North FL or no? I am not familiar with your averages.
Avg for today is 79º / 57º
Record is 91º / 33º
Seen freezes in very early November and into mid-April, but winter usually starts for us in mid-December and lasts until the 3rd week of February (albeit winter in the Radiator Cooling Capital of the SE is a bit less than most folks here are used to ... :confused:)

Edit -

Earliest Freeze - 11/1
Latest Freeze - 4/17

Got below freezing 16 days in December 2010 ... :cool:

Last edited:
We barely hit 70 yesterday

Around 80 today

85 tomorrow

then the bottom drops out

Low 50s all day Friday with north winds 20-30 mph

and possible frost Saturday morning

People gonna be shocked lol. Until 2 weeks ago the airport hadn't even had a low below 50.

Sitting here at a cool 38 degrees right now with the stove nice and warm. Probably reach 34 degrees by the morning. Could be my first frost.

I had my most enjoyable evening walk since last spring. If I could somehow have today's near ideal autumn wx all year long, I'd have to at least give it careful consideration though I do enjoy the change of seasons. The endless uncomfortable summer is what gets me to enjoy this great fall wx so much.

Finally hit 30s this fall !! 38.3 :)

First snow of the season on top of grandfather mtn last night. Still barely make out on webcam. The northern mtns will all get in on the action sunday night. Should get down to banner elk,boone and all western upslope. May get parts of the ground white.

Freeze Watch here for tomorrow night. Last year we didn't even get close a freeze til almost December.

:eek:

The Arctic temperatures north of 80N were a whopping 16F warmer than normal as of just 10 or so days ago. Now they're only 8 warmer than normal thanks to a sharp cooldown of 13F. Normals there from 9/7 through 11/3 fall the fastest per day. They fell ~5 F just in the last 10 days with ~15 F/month cool-down rate of normals between 9/7 and 11/3. October is the fastest cooling month overall with Sep 2nd fastest, Nov 3rd fastest, Aug 4th fastest, and Dec 5th fastest:

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/plots/meanTarchive/meanT_2017.png

Edit: The total Arctic cooldown of normals from mid summer to midwinter is 58 F. Of this 58, 44 of it (3/4 of it) has occurred as of ~11/3.

Last edited:
71/37

No frost but I swear it got close. Close enough that I swear I saw some tiny dots of the beginning of ice on the windshield. I think two more degrees and a longer period would have done it.

Well my low here was 33.8.. and had what I have always heard called "frozen dew" on the glass of the car. It s not frost but larger like dew but was frozen only to the glass not metal surfaces.. Weird...LOL. Note I am in a low spot, near a stream and the temp sensor is about 8 feet above where the car was sitting..

The blizzard like conditiins Goodridge Minnesota this afternoon were sexy.
What type of snowpack would we need to see from our Northern states to have any meaningful impact on our southeastern weather? Wasn’t sure how plausible that was, especially in a Nina year.

We need amplification in the Pacific, otherwise we will torch!!! A jet from west to east won't get job done :(

Back