• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Oppressive Ornery Obstinate Opposite October

Yeah, the GFS has blocking lasting for a bit and a good shot at weeks of cool weather while the Euro is meh, but has a tropical system, and the CMC has crazy blocking and cold coming beyond the end of the run.
This is a handy little tool (it's in Wiki, btw) and if you go back to its main page, there are other multi-member models to look at.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSTDEP2WIDE_6z/tloop.html

(12 Z today is not up yet)

Winter weather doesn't concern me at this point (not just for my purposes), it's just cool to see that we get a taste of much cooler temps and it's possible heading into November that we get a taste that's even colder than that.

i dont understand the big fuss and excitement about the models going into next week and just beyond... jesus... its october just now be barely going into november.... if we get these looks in late december to february.... game on

Probably because it’s been a few years since we’ve had a good cold shot like this one in October. Add that to the fact that last winter was the worst for most on this board. I don’t think anyone is realistically thinking we will get snow in the next few weeks but that doesn’t mean we can’t get excited for below normal temps for a change.

Probably because it’s been a few years since we’ve had a good cold shot like this one in October. Add that to the fact that last winter was the worst for most on this board. I don’t think anyone is realistically thinking we will get snow in the next few weeks but that doesn’t mean we can’t get excited for below normal temps for a change.

Plus this forum discusses wx all year long, regardless of the pattern. In addition, history suggests there is a MODEST correlation of November's temperature to the subsequent DJF in the SE US.

Just for kicks before getting back to work ... models with no human input say ...

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

:confused:

Weather underground has Huntsvile with snow showers next Saturday night LOL!!

Lol here too! It's the entire Weather Channel family showing it at 50%.
I guess they think that theres a possibility, the rain could briefly change over with a sharp cold front? Idk lol.

My predicted 2 day rain event , is now not even 10 hours! :(
Starts after sunrise and ends by 3-4 pm! It's gonna have to rain awfully hard to get my 3+ inches of rain!
#BUMMER

The 18Z GEFS is chilly through the 11-15 day period for the SE US. The 12Z EPS isn't cold but it is cool enough with a weaker trough centered near the Mississippi valley in the means. I'd sure love to break the unprecedented 21 month long warmer than normal streak at SAV!!

Heavy precip having a hard time getting past southern 1/3 of MS and AL, shockingly enough!

Well, looks like a chance of severe storms around here tomorrow. And a friend who lives in Kannapolis posted their forecast on Facebook that showed a chance of winter mix Halloween night. Now that would be crazy.

Well, looks like a chance of severe storms around here tomorrow. And a friend who lives in Kannapolis posted their forecast on Facebook that showed a chance of winter mix Halloween night. Now that would be crazy.
Looks like a decent setup for a wind dmg event

Back