• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

If we can draw the energy down that's around the northern border and we can get really chilly to start November icon_z500_vort_us_61 (11).png

Unfortunately the gfs and euro flatten and expand the ridge to our west so we miss out

If we can draw the energy down that's around the northern border and we can get really chilly to start November View attachment 93267

Unfortunately the gfs and euro flatten and expand the ridge to our west so we miss out
Still interesting to note that both Gfs and cmc still try and keep building that west coast ridge even as that system moves out which with the blocking still apparent above keeps cool shots directed at us 681DC860-A074-4A00-8355-FEF394D02DD4.jpeg9A06A45F-B6A3-493D-91B7-08584E084332.jpeg

No tornado but awesome structure
d6cd34cac80c1bea5b0f6a0690aeee32.jpg
fa0631b9a3f49468197c9549dad44632.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

It’s crazy how much the west coast pattern seems to be changing on models .. lots of west coast riding showing up some solid +PNA action definitely looks like it’s helping displace some legit cold finally towards the US .. euro shows this nicely at the end of the run with some very below average temps at 850 surging into the central US … interesting pattern we’re getting into the severe weather might be the precursor to this change .. certainly love not seeing consistent troughing on the west coast although it’s not too far away so still anything possible here

Still interesting to note that both Gfs and cmc still try and keep building that west coast ridge even as that system moves out which with the blocking still apparent above keeps cool shots directed at us View attachment 93269View attachment 93270
This is the type of pattern that I could see setting up for the first half of winter. Will there be some mild days? Yes, but as we get further along there will be some cold spells in there too. We need to see some snow cover start to build over northern Canada in the next several weeks… it should start to happen as they are losing daylight very quickly now.

As an avid watcher of models and follower of the never wrong Maxar ;), it is quite obvious that we’re headed for a much colder pattern within a week or so. A near to BN nov is very much on the table in much if the US.

I dont think it's good to see it get colder in November because it is not a winter month. I mentioned previously that outside of higher elevations, it will be rather difficult to see it snow/ice unless it's a very anomalous pattern. Would rather wait until mid-end November to lock a cold pattern in for a while

I dont think it's good to see it get colder in November because it is not a winter month. I mentioned previously that outside of higher elevations, it will be rather difficult to see it snow/ice unless it's a very anomalous pattern. Would rather wait until mid-end November to lock a cold pattern in for a while
I think a chilly November would be excellent.

Not to rain on a parade but the last several years that have had a cold november stink in December at least

November 2010, a LaNina, was overall a cooler than average month for many of us and set the stage for a well below average first half of winter… now I don’t think we’ll see a well below average first half of winter, but a cooler than average November doesn’t necessarily mean winter is cut off there after

We all know whatever happens in October or November doesn’t correlate to what we should expect for the winter months it’s just an added bonus

November 2010, a LaNina, was overall a cooler than average month for many of us and set the stage for a well below average first half of winter… now I don’t think we’ll see a well below average first half of winter, but a cooler than average November doesn’t necessarily mean winter is cut off there after
If it wasn't a 2nd year niña, I would be more excited. Each winter is different when push comes to shove, but a trough out west if it repeats often this winter, would require tremendous blocking to offset it imo

Back