• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

That is very close to getting really cold in a hurry.

gfs_z500a_nhem_37.png

That is very close to getting really cold in a hurry.

gfs_z500a_nhem_37.png
Back the pacific trough up a few hundred/several hundred miles and I’m more convinced, we’ve seen how it can completely ruin/alter a pattern if it ends up buckling/adjusting further east. For exD4DC4EC8-20FD-4DF3-939B-4A6C4DA7A92A.png4B8D50EB-FD14-4A0C-A89F-AE98117E58EB.png
Now it’s this 1F8E5831-60FB-45B3-91C0-4411BEAEFBE0.png6E3E1328-22DF-4D00-A3F2-CF1679F23A2E.png
If it happens where it adjusts further east again, it’s just gonna become a fast trough that’s in and out quickly then another ridge because how fast/progressive the pac jet is. I will say tho the wavebreaking in the Atlantic looks legit and that’s 1 step to making it harder for us to get warm

Back the pacific trough up a few hundred/several hundred miles and I’m more convinced, we’ve seen how it can completely ruin/alter a pattern if it ends up buckling/adjusting further east. For exView attachment 93191View attachment 93192
Now it’s this View attachment 93193View attachment 93195
If it happens where it adjusts further east again, it’s just gonna become a fast trough that’s in and out quickly then another ridge because how fast/progressive the pac jet is. I will say tho the wavebreaking in the Atlantic looks legit and that’s 1 step to making it harder for us to get warm

I wouldn’t be feeling a more optimistic if the Euro wasn’t following the same trend with the improving Pacific. That said this general theme is how I expect winter to go; Very progressive. When it lines up it’s really good and when it doesn’t it’s really bad.

I wouldn’t be feeling a more optimistic if the Euro wasn’t following the same trend with the improving Pacific. That said this general theme is how I expect winter to go; Very progressive. When it lines up it’s really good and when it doesn’t it’s really bad.
Your not lying when you say when it lines up to be good it can be really good, some of the biggest snow events (for the Carolinas at least) have occurred with that same pacific trough but a wavebreak under a -NAO block

Your not lying when you say when it lines up to be good it can be really good, some of the biggest snow events (for the Carolinas at least) have occurred with that same pacific trough but a wavebreak under a -NAO block
Thank you! I'm just holding out hope we get a decent snow or two. I think we all know below average temps are very very unlikely.

Thank you! I'm just holding out hope we get a decent snow or two. I think we all know below average temps are very very unlikely.
We’ll have some snow/ice threat threads that’s for sure, it’s hard to get something big in the SE but it’s hard to also get nothing in 3-4 months

Just the start to a blockbuster winter! It’s coming boys, get your firewood!View attachment 93204
Yeah i dont know if It has any staying power but certainly a change of pace we needed and just in time for Halloween hopefully so that would be nice .. we need that blocking pattern to stay around to keep upper level low possibilities and help mediate a shotty pacific pattern right now .. but it’s hard stuff to do

I've heard possibilities of a -MT and propagation of mjo that should realign the Pacific, especially for mid November and further out. Even if it happens, its rather difficult to get any sustained cold and snow chances other than the higher elevations. Any merit to that?

Back