• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Why does it matter if it's warm in October?

Because some prefer it warm in October and some prefer it not be warm in October. And then others don't give a crap. Different strokes for different folks. It is an Oct thread on a weather board. Why wouldn't the warmth in October be discussed? Or the warmth in any month? Or the lack of warmth in any month? It is weather.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the current lack of warmth and humidity. Awesome for outdoors with dewpoints still in the 40s.

Last edited:
The averages now at DFW are now 77/56. So the next few days will actually be a few degrees above average.

Unfortunately, this past weekend has done a number on the October monthly average, back down to +2.7*F after yesterday.
The average here is like 59/39 or close! This relentless heat, really sucks

Happy Hour GEFS is much cooler than the three prior runs at least: is this just a tease?

View attachment 92950

View attachment 92951

Hopefully not. I'm fine with it being above average now as it's too late to be truly oppressive, but I was disappointed when I looked at the temperatures on the 12z GFS (was a bit more OK with what the Euro said).

Lazy to just look at temps...I know.

Because some prefer it warm in October and some prefer it not be warm in October. And then others don't give a crap. Different strokes for different folks. It is an Oct thread on a weather board. Why wouldn't the warmth in October be discussed? Or the warmth in any month? Or the lack of warmth in any month? It is weather.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the current lack of warmth and humidity. Awesome for outdoors with dewpoints still in the 40s.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't a good number of winters that produce something good for us have warm falls? Maybe this is good since the pattern has time to change and recent Ninas haven't followed the typical cookie cutter outlook either.

Back