• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Yeah if there no wedge for the Carolinas (which I’m sure there will be some type of wedge but where it sets up is the question) the SE is basically gonna see what we saw last week

We're going to torch here regardless of what happens that way.

It's really going to be a question of whether it's a wet/grungy above average pattern or a "hot"/dry above average pattern.

We're going to torch here regardless of what happens that way.

It's really going to be a question of whether it's a wet/grungy above average pattern or a "hot"/dry above average pattern.
Pretty amazing I saw yesterday’s 12z euro on twitter yesterday and it was a constant stream of 60-70 degree dewpoints and summer like temps out that way, just highly anomalous

Pretty amazing I saw yesterday’s 12z euro on twitter yesterday and it was a constant stream of 60-70 degree dewpoints and summer like temps out that way, just highly anomalous

Probably going to be looking at delayed foliage too if the models' current depiction verifies.

Summer like temps out his way would be 95+. That's pretty incredible for late October. Maybe Dallas will even sneak in a 100 in early November ?

Have a feeling it’s gonna make a return sometime in DJF and waste away a couple weeks worth of winter
Yeah no doubt it seems like the base state pattern for this winter.

We are slowly creeping to that point where you can start to at least draw some ideas from the mjo and its propagation

Yeah no doubt it seems like the base state pattern for this winter.

We are slowly creeping to that point where you can start to at least draw some ideas from the mjo and its propagation
At least you can do this with that base state pattern with that sort of pacific look just need Atlantic cooperation but cold air could be hard to come by
I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I developed a program that finds all snowfall events within a set of coordinates, then plots them using the ERA-5 database. Then, the data is matched to the 500 mbar data and plotted as well. With this, I was able to compare the climatology between Raleigh and Charlotte snowfall at the 500 mbar level.View attachment 91959View attachment 91962
View attachment 91957View attachment 91958View attachment 91955

• Love
Reactions: SD
Back