• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Just got back from a one night camping trip at (..of course) Falls Lake. It was great sleeping last night. Temps were in the mid 60s with a slight breeze. Well above temperatures this time of year equals great camping weather. But as we were packing up this morning many others were doing the same thing; trying to beat the storms.

Why is that post getting dislikes lol ? 70s and low 80s with low dews is great weather ?! Don’t see how that’s hot at all, I guess 50s with a cold breeze is great weather and better then that
It's comfortable still no doubt. Just tired of above average temps, they need to give it a rest for awhile. And I mean more than a day or two at a time then right back to +5 to +10 anominalies. Tired of seeing Brad P post everyday about how it's always record warmth and how snow is such a rarity anymore in Charlotte. I know hes right just tired of seeing him beat a dead horse. Easy to see what his winter forecast will be. I wish he'd go ahead and release it instead of waiting until November. We know it's going so say above average temps and below average snow. He will state though snowfall is highly unpredictable and Yada Yada

Last edited:
It's comfortable still no doubt. Just tired of above average temps, they need to give it a rest for awhile. And I mean more than a day or two at a time then right back to +5 to +10 anominalies. Tired of seeing Brad P post everyday about how it's always record warmth and how snow is such a rarity anymore in Charlotte. I know hes right just tired of seeing him beat a dead horse. Easy to see what his winter forecast will be. I wish he'd go ahead and release it instead of waiting until November. We know it's going so say above average temps and below average snow. He will state though snowfall is highly unpredictable and Yada Yada
Expecting to hear “all it takes is moisture syncing up with cold air at the right time” in his winter forecast haha

Expecting to hear “all it takes is moisture syncing up with cold air at the right time” in his winter forecast haha
Well if I would include that if I were him. I do think he’ll be right. While I do expect temperatures to be above normal overall this winter, I do think CLT will get a 4”+ snowfall at some point… it’s definitely due

Well if I would include that if I were him. I do think he’ll be right. While I do expect temperatures to be above normal overall this winter, I do think CLT will get a 4”+ snowfall at some point… it’s definitely due

I mean, it's impossible to be wrong with such a common sense prediction, lol.

We hopefully will get in on some heavy showers as the front moves through .. maybe .25 if we’re lucky! They already developing 38A779C3-60CD-4BCF-845B-99EFB258E81B.png

Back