• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Thread

Wow today has real upper level low vibes .. swing some pretty dark cumulus clouds south and west of me next to full sunshine .. cold in the shade and warm in the sun .. graupal? Too early for that but it sure feels like it

Anyone see that the geomagnetic storm may throw the Northern Lights as far south at NC and and TN? I’d be fascinated to hear if anyone catches any glimpses…
I wish it would throw some cold air that far south! ?

X1 flare doing work

Not a cloud in the sky today and the wind was light. The high I believe was 75*F which is a few degree above average.

Looking at a high around 80*F tomorrow.

With an average of 72*F, this will be the 8th warmest October on record for Dallas.

5 of the top 10 warmest Octobers on record all occurred within the past 20 years, BTW.

With an average of 72*F, this will be the 8th warmest October on record for Dallas.

5 of the top 10 warmest Octobers on record all occurred within the past 20 years, BTW.

Correction: It was the 7th warmest October on record for Dallas.

For me using Louisburg 7th Warmest October ever. Interestingly enough its warmest ever is a lot warmer than Raleighs.

Max 86
Min 39
Mean 64.4 (+4.8)
Mean Max 76.3 (+3.5)
Mean Min 52.5 ( +6.1)
Precip 3.16" ( -.50")

RDU 5th Warmest October Ever, Slightly warmer mean than the infamous 2019 66.1 vs 65.8

Max 88
Min 42
Mean 66.1 ( +4.4)
Mean Max 76.8 ( +3.8)
Mean Min 55.5 (+5.2)
Precip 7.53" ( +4.16")

Back