• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

October Odyssey

Just looking over some data this morning. Something that hasn’t occurred in quiet some time here in the deep south. It is possible that next month that here in GSP, ATL, KBMX, and KJAN. Even the popular spot of RDU could see at or below temperatures for the first half of the month.

During this time it comes with a dry spell. Nothing QPF wise across the Southeast. There is always a possibility that these massive pattern change may cause the western Caribbean to get active.

Places like Black Mountain NC, Boon NC, and Haywood and Swain counties NC, having their first freeze October 3-6 with scattered frost in the western Carolinas.

Patchy frost in the piedmont areas of NC and Northern GA.

b8593fa0c3e5b3282ae0ad3bae3138c1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs keeps slowing down the trough, it’s never gonna get out of day 7 it appears
Like a winter cold snap! ?
Highs in the 80s here the next 2 days, not very fall like!

I'm really liking how the cool shot is a longer duration on the eps and Euro instead of in and out and it looks like we might see a couple of dry fronts behind the initial shot Tuesday. I'm not ready to go all in but starting to really think this will bring the first legit shot at frost along and north of I-40 maybe even farther south as you go west into Tn and Ar

I'm really liking how the cool shot is a longer duration on the eps and Euro instead of in and out and it looks like we might see a couple of dry fronts behind the initial shot Tuesday. I'm not ready to go all in but starting to really think this will bring the first legit shot at frost along and north of I-40 maybe even farther south as you go west into Tn and Ar

Not ready for this yet. Grass seed from 8 days ago is JUST NOW sprouting due to the cold temps. It's not ready for a frost.

So I was at my hunting club clearing lanes for deer season and came across what is a very clear and distinct tornado track that has not been documented before dozens of trees down snap been over I got pictures and videos I'll show later

Back