• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October '22

Like two frosty spots on the ground, 36. Surprised yesterday was colder
Yeah, it's funny. I've had frost the past two mornings but never got down below freezing (close 34 yesterday and 33 today). My yard thermometers are between 6 and 8 feet above ground. I need one at ground level. Everywhere around Wake county looks to have gotten at or below freezing. Not sure if RAH will stop the frost/freeze packages for all central NC; or maybe they'll just continue it for Wake (ha ha).

I definitely need to lower mine:

"The standards for an accurate temperature measurement are pretty straight-forward. Sensor must be 5 feet above the ground (+/- 1 foot). Must be over a level terrain with an open area clearing so the thermometers are freely ventilated by air flow."

Yeah, it's funny. I've had frost the past two mornings but never got down below freezing (close 34 yesterday and 33 today). My yard thermometers are between 6 and 8 feet above ground. I need one at ground level. Everywhere around Wake county looks to have gotten at or below freezing. Not sure if RAH will stop the frost/freeze packages for all central NC; or maybe they'll just continue it for Wake (ha ha).
Do you live on a hill? ?

I've got mine at about 6' way out in my back yard where it's open. Got to 31. I think @SD has his at ground level. He's always in the 20s when the rest of us are in the 30s haha

Do you live on a hill? ?

I've got mine at about 6' way out in my back yard where it's open. Got to 31. I think @SD has his at ground level. He's always in the 20s when the rest of us are in the 30s haha
Yeah, I'm on a ridge (..well a ridge for our area). My Dad lives one mile down my road and he is a 100' lower than me. He always runs 2-4 degrees lower on these clear/calm nights.

Do you live on a hill? ?

Ground level is cheating . Shane is falsifying weather data for the sake of appearing colder . I’ll be camped in his yard tonight to investigate. May have a bonfire.

May not just be a Raleigh thing. Louisburg didn’t freeze yesterday morning and only barely hit 32 this morning . Airport area there is flat country.

Back