• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe October 21-22nd Severe Weather

76613dc8a137d294efd026bc1b5cd181.jpg

Does this look familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same week last year! Spooky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While thermodynamics ain’t impressive, wind shear is, more of a HSLC setup, hrrr shows this, even with Garbo cape, it shows some suercells getting going near lake Norman/I-77 East with only 300-700 jkg of cape, but low LCLs and strong wind profiles, only thing is tho is that wind profiles actually support more linear stuff altho sfc winds may back from the SE 577BDE53-26E0-4680-8FFA-530F944A05AA.pngDAE814DF-62EB-4AE8-8A7E-9B10138B9BCF.png28EA9E3D-A8A9-471E-9F03-1CF2C064DE7F.png

Short range models still not overly excited about this threat and with all the low clouds, drizzle and light showers around I have a hard time seeing enough instability to get much going today. If all that breaks and the sun pops then maybe, since wind profiles still seem decent

Short range models still not overly excited about this threat and with all the low clouds, drizzle and light showers around I have a hard time seeing enough instability to get much going today. If all that breaks and the sun pops then maybe, since wind profiles still seem decent

I was coming on to post the same thing. Just seems too overcast right now for anything to pop off.

Matthew East just posted this on Facebook. Wonder how long this line will hold together.

11:45am Tuesday: Line of heavier showers with gusty winds from near Hickory to Shelby moving quickly eastward. Winds could gust to 45mph with this activity. Live weather updates on Spectrum News. #ncwx #cltwx #wncwx
FB_IMG_1571759392480.jpg

Looks like its gonna happen. New meteorologist now in the WRAL Weather center.

Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.

Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.
So, no lightning?

Where's the video?

No video didn’t see any rotation mega tornadoes to document as was originally planned.

Back