• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Severe October 21-22nd Severe Weather

Matthew East just posted this on Facebook. Wonder how long this line will hold together.

11:45am Tuesday: Line of heavier showers with gusty winds from near Hickory to Shelby moving quickly eastward. Winds could gust to 45mph with this activity. Live weather updates on Spectrum News. #ncwx #cltwx #wncwx
FB_IMG_1571759392480.jpg

S

snowcool776

Short range models still not overly excited about this threat and with all the low clouds, drizzle and light showers around I have a hard time seeing enough instability to get much going today. If all that breaks and the sun pops then maybe, since wind profiles still seem decent
Looks like its gonna happen. New meteorologist now in the WRAL Weather center.

BirdManDoomW

Strange Bird
Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.

S

snowcool776

Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.
So, no lightning?

S

snowcool776

Where's the video?

BirdManDoomW

Strange Bird
This weather system has a history of producing violent tornadoes (EF3 Dallas) so I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two in VA/NC still.

S

snowcool776

Going down to 55DBZ, was 60DBZ before. Dark clouds starting to roll in now. Coming your way @SD in 30 minutes! :eek::eek::eek: