• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe October 21-22nd Severe Weather

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
Matthew East just posted this on Facebook. Wonder how long this line will hold together.

11:45am Tuesday: Line of heavier showers with gusty winds from near Hickory to Shelby moving quickly eastward. Winds could gust to 45mph with this activity. Live weather updates on Spectrum News. #ncwx #cltwx #wncwx
FB_IMG_1571759392480.jpg

S

snowcool776

Short range models still not overly excited about this threat and with all the low clouds, drizzle and light showers around I have a hard time seeing enough instability to get much going today. If all that breaks and the sun pops then maybe, since wind profiles still seem decent
Looks like its gonna happen. New meteorologist now in the WRAL Weather center.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.

S

snowcool776

Okay here’s my review of the line as it passed i77 in Yadkin/Iredell. No gusts to 45mph. A few white out conditions as 3 or 5 gusts pushed 30mph with heavy rain. Lots of water tho with good rates. No thunder or lightning anywhere.
So, no lightning?

S

snowcool776

Where's the video?

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
No video didn’t see any rotation mega tornadoes to document as was originally planned.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
This weather system has a history of producing violent tornadoes (EF3 Dallas) so I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two in VA/NC still.

S

snowcool776

Going down to 55DBZ, was 60DBZ before. Dark clouds starting to roll in now. Coming your way @SD in 30 minutes! :eek::eek::eek:

S

snowcool776

That rain! OMG! It was bad! Did not lose power. No high winds. ;)