• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October 2023 Thread

this is before our 3/4" rain last night. I'm in the county in top right, the very tip of the elephant nose.

Screenshot at 2023-10-12 15-43-34.png

Fro must be writing for FFC now:
Saturday`s high temps will be
in the mid 70s and low 80s and that may be the last time we see
those numbers for a little while. If you`re a fan of cooler weather
I invite you to read the long term forecast. If you are a fan of
summer, you can stay here and mourn with me.

Fro must be writing for FFC now:
Saturday`s high temps will be
in the mid 70s and low 80s and that may be the last time we see
those numbers for a little while. If you`re a fan of cooler weather
I invite you to read the long term forecast. If you are a fan of
summer, you can stay here and mourn with me.
That guy sounds like a real bonehead. Who the hell wants summer all year round???????

I would definitely say North Georgia has 4 seasons.
It's all relative I guess. I'm in Northern Upstate and I don't think we have 4 seasons. We get maybe a day or two of winter but that doesn't make a season. We either get an extended Fall or Early Spring or a mix of both. I always say Boone is probably my ideal climate; mild summer, long fall and spring, and an actual winter season.

It's all relative I guess. I'm in Northern Upstate and I don't think we have 4 seasons. We get maybe a day or two of winter but that doesn't make a season. We either get an extended Fall or Early Spring or a mix of both. I always say Boone is probably my ideal climate; mild summer, long fall and spring, and an actual winter season.
Yeah i was thinking in general for the South. These last few Winters in the South have taken their toll on averages. Boone's avg. snowfall for 1981-2010 was 35.3 then it dropped to 25.6 for the 1991-2020 period and down even further where the 15 year avg. is now 24.
Same for just about every location South of Philadelphia.

Yeah i was thinking in general for the South. These last few Winters in the South have taken their toll on averages. Boone's avg. snowfall for 1981-2010 was 35.3 then it dropped to 25.6 for the 1991-2020 period and down even further where the 15 year avg. is now 24.
Same for just about every location South of Philadelphia.
It’s like that snow barrier keeps drifting north over the years.

It’s like that snow barrier keeps drifting north over the years.
I think its definitely real. We have to really hope for some decent cold this Winter because i think that there will be moisture readily available. Its really why i want/need to move back further North. The only place in NC i think i could handle would be the mountains. My family is from Western Pennsylvania originally. That's probably where i need to end up.

There was a time when you could count on at least a dusting of snow every year in Atlanta but that is no longer the case. Going 5 years without any snow on the ground is becoming the norm.
South Atlanta Vs north Atlanta. Big difference. It snows in north Georgia just about every year. Nobody counts Peachtree City as Atlanta. We play this game every year.

Back