• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October 2023 Thread

South Atlanta Vs north Atlanta. Big difference. It snows in north Georgia just about every year. Nobody counts Peachtree City as Atlanta. We play this game every year.
It does not snow in the Northern suburbs of Atlanta every year. Flakes in the air sure, but they don't get snow on the ground every winter.

I didn't realize temperatures in the '40s many days in the winter don't count as winter weather. Hmmm.
I don't count temps in the 40's as winter weather. That's a cool Autumn day. Need temps below 40 with lows in the low to mid twenties to even start to consider it "winter" weather. Around here, we have two seasons, summer and less-summer. I just got back from vacation in FL. They have license plates that say "endless summer" and for anywhere south of Troy, AL to Savannah, GA, it is basically true.

I don't count temps in the 40's as winter weather. That's a cool Autumn day. Need temps below 40 with lows in the low to mid twenties to even start to consider it "winter" weather. Around here, we have two seasons, summer and less-summer. I just got back from vacation in FL. They have license plates that say "endless summer" and for anywhere south of Troy, AL to Savannah, GA, it is basically true.
No part of Georgia has endless summer. Heck, even South GA will have highs in the 60s over the next few days and it's only Mid October.

Good thing this little line of storms stayed offshore. Got a few kinks in it that show some rotation.

Attachments

• KLTX - Super-Res Storm Relative Velocity 1, 9_27 AM.png
    KLTX - Super-Res Storm Relative Velocity 1, 9_27 AM.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 14
24HrPrecip_SFC-Day1State.png

Fro must be writing for FFC now:
Saturday`s high temps will be
in the mid 70s and low 80s and that may be the last time we see
those numbers for a little while. If you`re a fan of cooler weather
I invite you to read the long term forecast. If you are a fan of
summer, you can stay here and mourn with me.
A little while probably means like a week or two. Lol we can never say we're done with 80s like we say with the 90s. I'm almost certain every city along and south of 85 is capable of hitting 80 even in Jan.

A little while probably means like a week or two. Lol we can never say we're done with 80s like we say with the 90s. I'm almost certain every city along and south of 85 is capable of hitting 80 even in Jan.
Also remember the gulf air is being fed by much warmer than normal waters as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.png
    IMG_0082.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0081.png
    IMG_0081.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 2
Also remember the gulf air is being fed by much warmer than normal waters as well.
That's my worry for the winter. Even if we keep the storm track south and get a perfect track with cold available to the north how do we fight off the inevitable warm nose due to what you just mentioned? Some see it as rocket fuel for storms which is true. But I see massive warm noses that turn a would be double digit storm to a slop fest. We'll see I guess

That's my worry for the winter. Even if we keep the storm track south and get a perfect track with cold available to the north how do we fight off the inevitable warm nose due to what you just mentioned? Some see it as rocket fuel for storms which is true. But I see massive warm noses that turn a would be double digit storm to a slop fest. We'll see I guess
I agree. I suppose I could see the mountains fairing okay with the cold air embankment, however I wouldn’t trust anything east of that outside of some very cold deep layered air mass intrusions.

Back