• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe October 10-13th Severe Threat

Everything has passed through now. You could hear the thunder and hail as it moved through. From what I saw there was golfball to baseball sized hail. Also looks like there may have been a tornado briefly on the east side of the city as I saw reports of power flashes there. Glad this is over with.

Everything has passed through now. You could hear the thunder and hail as it moved through. From what I saw there was golfball to baseball sized hail. Also looks like there may have been a tornado briefly on the east side of the city as I saw reports of power flashes there. Glad this is over with.

Yup waiting for my turn now. Looking more linear but theres always a chance for a spinupScreenshot_20211010-204232.png

DFW measured a 70 MPH wind gust per the SPC, with numerous 60-70 MPH gusts around the greater Metroplex area.

EDIT: DAL also reported a 56 MPH wind gust per KDFW news.

Last edited:
There were over 50K power outages across DFW at the peak, but things seem to be getting restored quickly.

Crazy that in the same season, we've had the high schools in 2 different places named Coweta destroyed by strong nighttime tornadoes.
They are actually tearing down the high school in Newnan, which is in Coweta Co, GA. I have a friend who went to high school there and he says the damage there was unreal. I just hope everyone was ok from last night's storms.

2 major hail storms here in just 6 months, although last nights storm was much more widespread.

Back