• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

Not bad for the deep coastal SE in late November ... We'll see but it surely is a nice start ...

jaxgfs.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_30.png

You know what? Wake me in a few days when this doesnt happen. Its like a ping pong game.

Attachments

• gfs_z500_vort_us_fh162_trend (1).gif
    gfs_z500_vort_us_fh162_trend (1).gif
    986 KB · Views: 45
All I see in the long range this morning is the NS messing up our STJ. Pretty typical stuff. Give me a long tracking uninterrupted wave from west to east tracking over Baja California and I won’t ----- and complain near as much

All I see in the long range this morning is the NS messing up our STJ. Pretty typical stuff. Give me a long tracking uninterrupted wave from west to east tracking over Baja California and I won’t ----- and complain near as much

Yes you will . BTW what do you think we’ve had over the last few months with the active southern stream? It’s been wave after wave making its way from west to east over the southern tier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, I’ve grown to love the storms that form by diving over the tall western ridge, down through the Rockies, then spinning up something along the gulf. We should remember, the active STJ , won’t allow the arctic air to get way far south! There will be a ton of 35-40 degree rain events this winter. We may luck up with 1-2 snowstorms, IMO

Meh, I’ve grown to love the storms that form by diving over the tall western ridge, down through the Rockies, then spinning up something along the gulf. We should remember, the active STJ , won’t allow the arctic air to get way far south! There will be a ton of 35-40 degree rain events this winter. We may luck up with 1-2 snowstorms, IMO
You will find a way to complain either way. So we have that to look forward to. But but but my local forecaster, but but the TWC.

Well we’ve already had 2-3 sub 40 degree rain events and it isn’t even thanksgiving. Maybe we can at least break some records this winter in that regard. Eventually that STj will come in handy when a wave meets some cold air over here on the east side

No way on that for me. I hate hearing the same thing every time we track a storm "We need it to dig". Dig dig dig. It usually never digs south and west enough with the big ridge to get south of us without getting shredded to pieces and suppressed, especially with no blocking. And 9 times out of 10 the northern stream dominant stuff is dry. With the STJ we usually don't have to worry about that, it's just a matter of the cold air mixing in. Give me a STJ storm to my south with some blocking and we're gold this winter. The cold will eventually mix in. It's really hard to get the northern stream to our south.

JUST because one or two model runs show a whole different setup for instance going from 18z to 6z Gfs was much different in the South from a cold 18z to a warm 6z for same timeframe. That’s don’t mean anything is over The models are having a hard time getting in control with unusual weather setup early In the season. Stop with all the Negative! The upcoming weather pattern suggest a very exciting winter. Also Models are use as a guide not a forecast.

Last edited:
This post makes no sense. Arctic air can't get that far south? Lol.

Reactions: SD
Back