• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Pattern November Nuances (1 Viewer)

Could this be a winter to remember? I started getting flurries last night and again this morning as the temp is 32.9 degrees at 1:25pm. I have now had 1 dusting and 3 days total of seeing snow fall before December. I usually see snowfall in November once every 3 or so years but have never seen it snow more the one time a year in November before this year. I’ve also already had 5 days of temps not getting out of the 30s and will probably end up with 6 total for November if tomorrow doesn’t hit the 40s. I can’t help but get excited after this start to the season. Hopefully the weather won’t end up like the Tennessee Titans by starting good only to flop later in the season.

This was the 4th event so far this winter in the northern NC Mtns. Still snowing this morning. I visit Boone a lot and have had my appetizer already witnessing some of them. They are off to a great start, still November.

30 years ago today Raleigh had a F4 tornado hit around 1:00 a.m. without warning. It destoryed a K Mart and other homes and businesses. 4 people were killed.

NC used to have severe weather outbreaks pretty frequently the second half of November for some reason, but it has not happened in a few years now.

I’ve been seeing a lot of 3 and 4” snow reports from the NC Mountain Folk, they got a big surprise yesterday. At least they don’t suck at snow like the rest of us

MBell

"The Man"
Looks like parts of far NW GA got a surprise wintry mix this morning. It got colder than expected last night here in my neck of the woods, forecast was 28 made it to 24. Cloudy and 44 now. Looks like a wet weekend ahead before another round of cold arrives next week sometime. woohoo!

Looks like parts of far NW GA got a surprise wintry mix this morning. It got colder than expected last night here in my neck of the woods, forecast was 28 made it to 24. Cloudy and 44 now. Looks like a wet weekend ahead before another round of cold arrives next week sometime. woohoo!
Thats NW GA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)